How would you run green label herring?

Ive been running strips on my meat rigs. But my local tackle store just got some green label whole herring.

Should I run them whole or should I fillet them like John King does in one of his videos? Most of my meat heads can't run whole. But I just ordered 2 super magnum heads from John King. If I fillet them would the one fillet be a little short?

Should I brine them with big weenie brand brine or John Kings method.

not a pro at it but , from frozen new package in the cooler, lightly thawed , as you fish snip off the head, clean 'em like a smelt, and see if they fit on the meat head, then end of the day, snip off the heads and clean 'em then drop 'em in a jar of brine...keep cold...seen it done but never done it, and it seems to work

not a pro at it but , from frozen new package in the cooler, lightly thawed , as you fish snip off the head, clean 'em like a smelt, and see if they fit on the meat head, then end of the day, snip off the heads and clean 'em then drop 'em in a jar of brine...keep cold...seen it done but never done it, and it seems to work

I do it this way too... Seems to work better for me than strips for me.

Here is a link to his youtube channel with all of his videos. make sure you subscribe!:

http://www.youtube.com/user/meatfishing

Here is this video everyone been talking about, pretty much the same meathod for green and blue, just less trimming needed with the green then the blue to fit in the meathead.

If anyone needs to buy bait online you can do it here:

http://calumetmarine.3dcartstores.com/Bait_c_9.html