Fished Holland for the Dreamweaver B4K tournament yesterday morning. I was joined by Roger and his wife and their friend Tony. It was a rough morning out on the lake with lots of 3's and 4's. Set up around 5:15 in 85 FOW going NNW. Worked mostly 100 to 150 FOW all morning north of Holland with 135 being the best. East and West trolls seemed to be more productive for us but we caught fish going every direction. Ended up pulling lines at 10:30 having gone 10 for 20ish. Almost every lure from the package got a hit.

What was working:

Double orange crush Super Slim on 7 color

Starburst Super Slim on 10 color

Glow Crab on 300' copper - Hot

Monkeyshine on 250' copper

Halo Lemon Ice on wire diver 100 back - Hot

white/blue bubble SD w/ bleeding blue bubble fly 120 back on wire diver

green/white crush glow SD with green crinkle/glow fly 115 down on rigger

green dolphin free slider on rigger at 75

Monkeyshine free slider on rigger at 75

Lost a lot of nice fish and got lucky on a bunch. Fish in Holland seemed to be swiping at it yesterday. Not sure how we placed in the tournament, there were a lot of boats right around us with 60-70lb 5 fish coolers. Great fun tournament for charity and I will defiantly be fishing it again next year.

I got up late and made my crew wait for me at the launch, sorry, we ended up hammering into the waves out to 140' and finally dropped the first line at 5:20 on a south troll off Tunnel Park.

Pulled the last line at 7:27 and were back in the channel just before 8. Threw back a sub-legal laker and a small steelie that hit while burning in the last core. Final count was 17/19 with me losing the only fish; we had the core with a small fish tangle with a wire diver with a good fish so we free spooled the core until we netted the wire fish, losing the core fish in the process - no one's fault on that.

Hottest rigs were the small glow spoon 80' down on a two color, the mag glow spoon on a wire diver out 350', and the mag blue spoon down 116' on the out down. Never ran the super slims and the mag mixed veggies as we only ran 7 rods.

We ended up third out of sixty with 71.2#, anchoring the box with a 16.4# laker that took forever to winch in on the wire diver.

I've fished every one of these but the first one and will have my check waiting for Jim before he even makes the waiver available next year.

We fished the DW of whitehall. We ended up 2-8. The very first fish of the day was able to get under or Dr cable over my wire diver and into my 250 copper before breaking off.

Other than losing 3 lures in 10 min it was great time.

every fish we had came on the blue tape spinny and blue Dw fly and the green spinny and green fly.

Both setups were 70 down on the rigger and 150 back on a wire diver. In 80 feet.

Dave and Kevin it was nice to meet you and be able to put a name with the faces. Hopefully Ill see you again at the Ramp. We'll be in Holland the end of August for 3 days of fishing

Yes, it did.

If you read my post, you will see: "Threw back a sub-legal laker and a small steelie that hit while burning in the last core"

I could not keep a 16" laker, that would not be legal.

I had 15 fish in the cooler and we were reeling in the last core when a steelie hit it. I released that fish.

I hooked 19 fish in 2 hours; had I wanted to cheat I could have kept fishing, probably boxed 10-15 more and sorted through those, but that's not how we roll.

Odd who thanks you for your post.

Don:

that fire ring was sweet. Is this something you do on the side? My wife keeps telling me how ghetto our ring of cinder blocks is.....

Kevin

I pm'ed him about that ring earlier that was way cool. My wife said it made ours look like hoodish (Ghetto). LOL

No harm, when I posted "17" I figured someone would say something.

The 16# laker was on one wire diver, it fired and I handed it off, then looked at the other wire diver only to see it tap once. Tripped it, felt something there, and then reeled in a laker that could not have been more than 15". Caught the smallest laker I've ever landed and the biggest laker at the same time.

My daughters fish a lot of tournaments with me and we review the rules and our strategies together before each one. These are the same kids that yell if I get 1 mph over the speed limit. I let them sleep in for this one as we had along day; surprised my wife by having our minister meet us at the beach in Pentwater at sunset to renew our wedding vows.