Tue. July 24, 2012

It was my extreme pleasure to have Gary K, Tom M, and Ralph S, fish with me today. The action was not overwhelming but steady. We took 16 eyes a nice cat and 2 perch. We threw back probably 10 smaller eyes. We no doubt could have limited but one of the guys had to be in at a certain time. Tom wanted the cat and has fond memories of his Big M. River days. We fished 25-27 FOW on the Inner Bay. Hot color was copper. Our first fish in the box came about 1 minute after setting the first down rod with a 3 oz bouncer with a copper blade harness. It's always a good sign to take the first one with only two lines in. 1.5 MPH going with and against the big waves. I think we did better going against the waves. It must be me cutting against the grain again that did the trick.:) I stayed on the helm after the initial set up but Tom and Ralph did a fine job at the helm also. Everyone was a huge help on the back of the boat. I love every minute I can spend on the water with true friends. I have met some darn nice people from this site and hope to meet more. No fish for me today. The only thing I have to clean is the cooler.:lol: What a fishery we have in our back yards. We are all truly blessed living in the GLs region.

Frank I slowed my boat to 1.5 mph in 4 foot seas and my raymarine sport pilot 5r could only keeps its course with the waves. I didnt put a bag in the water. That probably would have helped. I told you I would try it so I am giving you my report on it. The wind does catch my hard top. Now at a 2.5.troll it will keep its line in 8 foot seas all directions.

Keep catching those fish Frank.

Frank I slowed my boat to 1.5 mph in 4 foot seas and my raymarine sport pilot 5r could only keeps its course with the waves. I didnt put a bag in the water. That probably would have helped. I told you I would try it so I am giving you my report on it. The wind does catch my hard top. Now at a 2.5.troll it will keep its line in 8 foot seas all directions.

Keep catching those fish Frank.

Mike TYVM for the info. Come on over and get some white meat.

Thanks for taking me along Frank, enjoyed the day as always, and glad to have met a couple fellow fisherman that I never met before:D Great time as always.

Ralph, You are always welcome aboard. It was nice to have 3 capable people with me. It makes for an easy enjoyable trip.

Ok so I have this dream all the time about being able to go fishing all the time , and catch lots of fish, and have good times with friends new and old....oh wait a minute Frank is already living that dream HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Kiddin Frank, I hope one of these days I can get over and meet up face to face and see exactly how the master does it.

Good Fishing,

Troy

Troy, I just try and get out as much as possible. We never know when we will be reeling in our last one. Don't wait for tomorrow. Do it today. Jump aboard with us. I feel truly blessed every time I hit the water.:)

Frank, I am going to check the vacation calendar at work and see what days might be available and then I will contact you to see what of those dates might work for you. It would be awesome to get out with you

Good Fishing,

Troy