portsheldon this morning 7/24

fishing was decent until the waves started:( they start at about 50fow with the offshore winds kicking the waves up 2-3 with some 4's. 5 for 8 solo with a mix of kings and cohos. big kings still in 68 to 78 fow even though u wont mark them mosty on a nw or se trolls bigger kings wanted mag spoons with blue green split betw the spoon like alley cat and flea for all and blue flounders moonshine. they wanted it slow 2.4 and 250 coppers (only copper i have lol) hit some cohos in 100-110fow they hit on high divers(braid) 145-160back with spinnies with solid colors of blue and dark green with pickled sunshine and aqua howie flys when cloudy, evening or morning cohos wanted 2.7 2.9 at the ball but im looking for big kings for the tourney.lol so i left them after having 4 on in 20 minutes . be careful coming in pigeon lake bc the water is still dropping by the cattails to the left when going out 1.6fow and u can see sand instead of water in the reeds so be careful coming in and out. guys on the radio said had limits in 120-160fow on a nw troll riggers at 50down and wire divers 100-130 back and high divers 140-160back with big flys and paddles. fished from 7-10am marks lots of fish in 120-125after getting limit.

just hookin' r u fishing the big red classic? I used to see u going out of port sheldon all the time a couple of yrs ago but i heard u bought a big fancy boat

Edited by targa18
add more

Tim would never brag about this but I will for him. On Sunday he fished solo in 3 and 4's with 1 line, in an 18'er and caught the 3rd biggest box on the am side for the day and placed 3rd in the 333 in his very first tournament in the Muskegon Tri Port. Now thats dedication or being crazy, not sure which one yet.

We are NOT fishing BRC. We moved down to Holland a few years back with our Bayliner because now that I have a kid it's much nicer at a marina with a shower, pool, etc. Then we did get a big fancy boat.:thumb: MAN, I am loving it. Not too bad on the fuel - $80 a trip with twin V6s. So, you have not seen me much in PS because we go south a lot out of Holland down toward the sliders.