DNR @ Holland

Was at Holland State Park a lot this week, got to watch the DNR in action. They would set up well away from fishing boats and watch them for a while with high power binoculars, and then pick a boat and take off after it.

Should you feel the need to break the rules, be warned, they are watching.

Glad to see them at work. I get checked about twice a year, never had an issue on the lakes.

I was also at the Holland cleaning station Sat. A young man received a ticket for fishing without a license on his dad's boat. We were also dogged by a white boat with an outboard for awhile. I wondered if it was DNR. It even followed us when we turned from North to South. We thought they might be perch fisherman bit we never saw a fishing rod onboard. They eventually tailed off. All that to say that it pays to be legal.

Officer Perez was at the Holland fish cleaning station when we pulled up. We had 4 new guys on my boat that I didn't know and MAN was I a little nervous. They had everything in order so it was cool, but I've always found Perez to be a very fair guy. Just follow the rules and your are all set.

Glad to see the dnr still is still around I fish ludington and watched people fishing walleye out of season in pere marquette lake the last couple of years and when I called the rap hoyline they put me in touch with the local co who basically blew me off. I have phoned in several violatons to the rap hotline even during waterfowl season and got the same results, so i wonder why they even waste money on the hotline if they aren't willing to take action.

I ask to see licenses of people I take out if I don't know them. Had a guy tell me one time that he wasn't willing to spend $7, so I had to yank three rods and fish with 6 that night. His wife got her three kings, I got mine (long time ago) and then we quit.....