What a catastrophe for the MC2 today, Ended our day at 1PM with 3 coho, 1 King and 2 Steelhead, however we had 16 fish come off or be lost by equipment failure. Fished 70 to 100 FOW all spoons Greens Blues and Oranges. Speed 3.7 to 4.0 and the Steelhead were on it. Lost a 300' copper when the board flipped and cut the backer, lost a 6 color when the core broke, took a hook thur my rt index finger cut the barb off and backed the hook out. Had a Steelhead jump out of the net when I was lifting it over the gunwale and came down with the leader across a rigger cable. What else can go wrong. Lots of action and not much catching. Lost 3 boards too. Just not my day. But my friends from Illinois had a blast. We found lots of bait between 55 and 80 FOW, and the Steelhead were on them. Tried lots of speed changes and found that the north troll at 3.7 was the best. Gotta get my mojo back after this mess. :confused::thumb:

Sorry to hear about all the equipment lost but I remember a lot of days in July I would be thrilled to come in with six fish!!! I haven't been out in 12 days so I am glad to hear there are still fish in close. I found a walleye board while walking on the beach today. The boat name on the back is Dustins Dream. If no one contacts me for the board you are welcome to it. Have a great evening!!

Sorry to hear about all the equipment lost but I remember a lot of days in July I would be thrilled to come in with six fish!!! I haven't been out in 12 days so I am glad to hear there are still fish in close. I found a walleye board while walking on the beach today. The boat name on the back is Dustins Dream. If no one contacts me for the board you are welcome to it. Have a great evening!!

I hear u Thanks for the offer, I know what u mean about July fishing, but to have so many come unbuttoned it was the worst catch ratio day ever for me and I have been fishing the lake since the early 1970's. I guess I thought everyone would get a kick out of my crying. Hope to see you out next weekend.