Lights ?????

Hey guys,

I just ordered a 9 rod holder rocket launcher for my hard top :thumb: I will have the ability to mount 2 lights on it. Looking for any input that you guys that have lights on your boats can give. What kind? What color? All the good stuff.

Thanks in advance

I have to say that we spent the extra money this year rigging the new boat and went to the 35 bulb LEDs to replace our halogens that we had on the other boat. We were worried about draw on the batteries and such. I prefer the old lights. The halogens were awesome when spotting boards fishing before sun up. I don't think I can see 50 feet behind the boat with the LEDs. Just my opinion.

If you can set up two sets of lights Jason id recommend a set of standard bulbs with amber covers and then a set of halogens. The amber lenses dont blind you and you can leave them on if you want. Gives light to rig etc, and then when you need it, kick on the halogens.

Good luck buddy.:thumb:

That's a really good idea actually.

The LEDs do a great job of lighting up the back of the boat and behind it for a short distance. They are not blinding like the Halogens were, but you could see your boards out 300 feet with the halogens. hmmmmm, more lights?????

I have a couple of courtesy lights on my aluminum downrigger board. These work well for boarding and rigging lights.

http://www.iboats.com/Seasense-L-e-d-Companion-Way-Light/dm/cart_id.333522977--session_id.807922442--view_id.237757

I must give a shout out to seasense. I bought a pump with their name on it and it didn't last a season. I emailed them and they sent me a brand new unit out & a prepaid box to send the non-working unit back. Great customer service.

Goodies came today in the mail. The rocket launcher looks pretty sweet. Little bit of lite assembly on my end and she'll be ready to mount. The mounts for the lights look great, as easy as it should go together I'm hoping I can order 2 more, per AB's suggestion earlier in the thread, as an accessory or something. Everything is completely adjustable. Rod holders swivel 360, enabling me to set them in any position. So, even though I only have a 3 rod holder tree per side, I'm thinking I can adjust the outside rod holders on the rocket launcher for one more functional holder to run boards off of....hopefully it all comes together as easy as it sounds.....now back to finding the right lights.....:grin: