We had an awesome Saturday in Holland this past weekend (sorry for the late report).

Saturday morning we left the dock at 5 trying to beat the crowd out because we had heard they were in close. We figured we may do a couple laps in front before going out. Well, on the way out we decided to just go for kings and not play in the traffic, but that we would drop in early. we dropped in at 40fow and started setting. Marked a ton in there, but didn't get things going until 70 or 80 fow. It was a strange morning.

We had 5 big lakers (8-12lbs) on normal dipseys with mag rings set at 1.5 back 120-140feet in 85-100fow with 11" paddles and flies.

We had a few steelhead hit 300 copper in the same water - spoon was blue huckleberry I think.

We had another steelhead hit a 100 with a white with pink dots moonshine.

Other fish came on 11" white paddle with green fly on middle rigger down probably 70.

We got pinched so we could not get out to the water we wanted and played in less than 100 all morning. We did actually catch half of our fish going north back home.

Ended up 10 for who knows. Kept missing them on dipseys. On, and came undone early. Also lost one when the 300 tangled into the 200 board and fish got loose. Lost another on rigger 50 feet behind boat. Just a lot of fish coming off.

Saturday night we had my brother, his son, and a couple from his church on board. We had a riot getting them on fish. With some great tips from Brian (Flycatcher) we ran a spinny program on down, dipseys, 300s and spoons on top of that. Also ran meat down the chute rigger at 90-100. Water we worked was 120-150. 135 was the best. Ended up 13 for who knows, but didn't feel like we lost as many as we did in the morning. Certainly didn't loose any due to tangles. Biggest fish was close to 20lbs on 300 copper pulling a dreamweaver mixed veggie looking spinny with a green/yellow fly.

Pictures to follow. I have to turn my camera settings down. I keep taking 4.5M pictures and can't post them on the site.

Nice Job Mark. We actually did catch all our fish on Saturday morning out of South Haven in 58 feet of water, all Kings all, in the 12-14 lb range. Tried deeper with no luck. We had the same problem on the Dipseys losing at least 3 almost before you could put a crank in the reel.

I only use Big Weenie flies with double hooks. They are SUPER sharp and great setups thanks to the BW team. I am not sure why the fish are coming undone recently.

I think they may be Coho, and Steel hitting the divers. We got a bunch of both Friday.