Fished the same area we have been fishing all year except for one trip. Not a lot of big fish tonight mostly Steelhead. fished from 6 to 10 PM 14 for 17 11 Steelhead 3 Kings best Steel around 9 lbs best king a little over 10 was a very nice night on the water but I think we were too deep for the bigger kings. 200 copper and 100 and 125 all took the most fish one on a wire diver and a couple on riggers. Donated a 15lb ball and gear to the fish Gods broke off a 200 copper but got it and the board back will try and detangle it later.

Anybody notice the steel meat is pale? I saw 3 of the 4 which we cleaned from Sat am and the meat was really white and pale. Kings and coho looked great, one steel showed signs of being spawned out (worn fins but nice and chrome) - the others were full chrome, all steel were jumping out of the water more than in.

Normally we do not get the qty of steel like we are getting this year - are we seeing a big increase of skamania here (they all seem to be long and slender)?

Lot more Skamania in the system plus Steelhead come from multiple gene pools. Also there is a thought process that much of the meat color is due to diet and other factors. I have caught Kings with white meat many times over the years.

Nothing wrong with it I doubt you could even taste any differance in the dark. Most Atlantic Salmon have white meat and most Pacific Salmon have red meat. They say it has to do with the Krill that west coast Salmon eat but no one actualy knows for sure that I have ever heard from. There are resturants that pay extra to get white meat salmon because it is special for them. On the other hand there are people who eat lots of things I won't so it takes all kinds.