Harbor Beach Good Ole Days...

Back in early 2000's when the Silver was declining...I did alot of fishning before that but it was before digital cameras...

Some Silver...

picture.php?albumid=282&pictureid=623

Surf and Turf (we hit a deer with the truck)

picture.php?albumid=282&pictureid=622

Me with a Lake Brown

picture.php?albumid=282&pictureid=626

Me with a Steelie

picture.php?albumid=282&pictureid=625

Dad with a big King...

picture.php?albumid=282&pictureid=624

been fishing hb since i was 5 grew up during the summer on a cottage on the water im at 187 fish this year 25 are from lake michigan and less than 30 are lake trout and only ten pinks rest are from southern lake huron:grin:

Good to know...thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice pics!

Hey Frank,how's the fishing in Tawas City? I fish out of Kincardine,pretty much staight east of you.The spring and early summer were really good.Not alot of size to them but lots lots of coho and bows.

The big perch are also making a come back. Lots of limits caught off of Goderich this spring.

been fishing hb since i was 5 grew up during the summer on a cottage on the water im at 187 fish this year 25 are from lake michigan and less than 30 are lake trout and only ten pinks rest are from southern lake huron:grin:

Out of those 122 left, how many were steel and how many kings? 50/50? Sounds like the steel is doing great, but the kings are slowly coming back.

They are coming back indeed. A couple times we came back in to port, our coolers looked like the good old days of Lake Huron.

Here is our winning catch in the Can2Can tournament this past May out of Harbor Beach:

100_7424.jpg

One of the many kings we caught this year in May. This was caught before the tournament:

100_7401.jpg

Lots of steelies this year:

100_7385.jpg

And of course, big chubby trout:

100_7383.jpg

I would say, this year has been 60% silver fish, 40% lakers as a fairly common fish basket.