Muskegon 7-8 mid-day quick trip

Took a quick trip Sunday late morning with my wife.

We started setting lines around 10:45 in 110 fow just north of the pier heads. Picked up a nice 8# steelie before I could get half my lines in the water. Grabbed a 10# king soon thereafter, still before I was able to get my lines in the water. Had a break off on the dipsey (heaviest fish I have fought all year, never turned him), and lost one more on a downrigger. We turned South because the waves were starting to pick up and wanted to troll with them.

Action slowed down considerably, but managed to pick up a nice 13# king and had one other come unbuttoned as we were pulling in lines. Were off the big lake by 12:30 as it started to get bumpy.

Ended up 3-6, worked between 110 - 135 fow with the North troll being far more productive. Caught fish on 300 copper with a Yellow Tuxedo, Moonshine Happee Meal down 80 on the rigger and UV something (looks kind of like mixed veggies) back 180 on braid dipsey. Had a break off on the same dipsey with the same spoon, the other two that we missed were on the riggers.

No pictures as I jumped in Muskegon lake for a quick swim on the way in with my iphone in my pocket!

Looking forward to getting back out next weekend, I hope the fishing stays HOT!