Took a guy who had never fished the big lake with us on the 4th set in 85 fow north of the pier. Boxed a coho and a nice king went 2 for 8 or so. the new guy couldnt keep them on the line but did get the coho so he was all smiles and was able to take fish home with him! We changed baits so often i dont remember what all we ran.. The fish were there just couldnt keep them on the lines!

7/6 muskegon

hit the water about 5am

ran straight out to 80 fow set lines turning nnw by 730 we were 4 for 5. all on riggers.

what worked

rigger down 60 MS RV glow bloody nose- 1 coho 2 or 3 lbs 1 king 11 or 12 lbs

rigger down 70 MS green flounder pounder - 1 king 11 or 12 lbs

rigger down 80 MS bloody nose fly/ white flasher - 1 king 20+lbs

rigger down 55 Ms blue flounder pounder- unbuttoned

have had an awesome week on the lake this week!! 16 fish in 3 trips. Still having a blast learning with every trip

David, two things to try. get a stone or file to sharpen your hooks, I try to run the stone a couple passes each barb before they go back out after every fish.

also trolling direction, if your missing alot of fish or they do come in miss hooked turn the boat around 180 and give that a try.

nice job on the fish

David, two things to try. get a stone or file to sharpen your hooks, I try to run the stone a couple passes each barb before they go back out after every fish.

also trolling direction, if your missing alot of fish or they do come in miss hooked turn the boat around 180 and give that a try.

nice job on the fish

thanks for the info.. we were loosing them on the 4th due to the new guy he had the poles in his hand 90% of the trip and didnt really know how to handle them but it was fun. Again thanks for the info tho. Never really thought about sharping the hooks but is a good idea..