hi,set lines at 7:00 in 80fow and started hooking fish in 89 fow to110 fow till we pulled lines at 11:30, lost a lot of fish and ended up with 10 for 18 or so.

Had 300 copper taking drag 3 times and no fish when we got to the pole.swivel broke on another,steelhead jumping like mad right behind the boat a couple time and got off.The bigger fish were full with bait so I think they might stay around for a while .

It was a good day

what worked for us has stayed the same for a week now

300 copper with stinger nbk smaller size

10 color with purple coyote

10 color with blue dph.

rigger down 65 slider was hot with a nbk

question-how deep does 300 copper run,i was running it on the same side as 10 color with the copper inside,did I get lucky not to have a mess.

thanks

Nice job -

if your 300 copper is 32# it is running 60 feet down, if it is 45# should be running in the 70-75 range.

full core should run 50 foot.

so running a full core outside of 300 copper you should be ok, but you might have to deal with a tangle from time to time.

I believe the depth copper runs is directly related to speed. Its been documented that 45# 300' at 2.5 runs 55 to 60 foot. Slow down to 2.0 and youll drag bottom in 70fow. slow down for lakers to 1.5 and you can collect mussels in 90fow. Lead core worked because it swam up and down in the water column, copper does it even more and I belive thats why it is so effective. We speed change all the time on our boat so the copper is always rising and falling. you wouldn't believe the number of strikes we get within 5 to 10 seconds of throttling up or down. No alewife ever swam 2miles in a straight line ar the same speed. Salmon are famous for following baits for long distances with out striking, but speed up and pull away or suddenly start to fall and bang. Copper also creates more trurbelance going throught the water because of all the bends, mends, and kinks, it also creates more drag going through the water which effects yhe depth it runs.