Cooler seat recomendation what one to buy?

i know i seen a bunch of these coolers with brakets to the floor and a cushion top just wondering if any one knows what one is decent some seem flimsy to me i want to sit some big guys on it like myself with out fear of breaking it

I am rigging this 20' hard top, i special ordered it with out pasanger seat to install one or maybe to of these seat/coolers

the boat dont have room for seats and colers so this seems to make sense

what do you think of my idea? any one have a cooler recomendation ?

Thanks Frank

DSC_0465.jpg

DSC_0468.jpg

Sure is going to be nice when your done. Just wondering if one of the "coolers" could be something built with a tank and then a livewell type system from these guys: http://www.keepfishalive.com/index.php

Sure is fun helping others spend their money. Oh, and I have not seen a cooler, other then maybe the Yeti styles that would make good seats. I'm sure they are out there though. Great idea for the seating.

Paul C.

Mattawan, MI

We went out with Ed Stell out of Ludington for 7-8 years in a row and he had 2 big coolers that had cushions that snapped on them as extra seating. Not sure what kind they were but he had the same ones the whole time and they held up fine. They had squared off corners and edges and were about 150 qt, I would guess. It worked really well, we just plopped the fish in the cooler and then took out the hooks. To hold the cushions on he just had a couple of vinyl straps with snaps on them and screwed snaps onto the sides of the cooler.

• 5 months later...

I have the 65qt Yeti and it is darn near indestructible, I weight close to 275 and stand on mine all the time, and they do keep ice for a long time.

Find the size you need and look for sales, I picked mine up at a end of the season sale at the local sporting goods store for 40% off.

Add a cushion and your all set. imho.

Al

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

what do you think of my idea? any one have a cooler recomendation ?

Thanks Frank

I missed this part. Nice looking boat, btw.

Without knowing the dimensions of the area behind the seats, my initial preference would be to keep the passenger seat and mount the cooler behind that seat with the long side of the cooler running from bow to stern. If you have a long run to make, I wouldn't want to be sitting on top of a cooler.