Whitehall 6/30pm, and 7/1 am.

I took my wife up to Whitehall to visit my friend Doug. Naturally we brought the boat along.

After a late dinner at the Old Channel Inn, we got on the water. We set lines around 8:30 and went 4/10 by dark.

Sunday am we got out to 110 fow north of port around 6:30, and had fish going instantly (love it when the fish strike while creeping out the first diver).

We ran a North troll, with a spread of a 300 45# copper, 300' 32# copper (with spoons), diver with SD, fly, and rigger on each side.

When we would go over a pocket of fish, the rods where firing as fast as we could get them back down. Doubles, and 2 triples where the norm.

We ended the morning at 9:30 going 15/20+? with 8 steel, and 7 kings.

If I had to guess at the best set up, it would be the 300' 32# bloodrun, and a DW Coyote standard size.

All the fish came from 60-80' down, and in 108-120 fow, North of port.

1d2n0230.jpg

1 small king went back to get bigger.

Thanks for the report Ken. Sounds like we were in the same water with you by Whitehall. We ended up 17 for about 30. Crazy how many times we had a hit on a rod then nobody home. I'm sorry to say we farmed out our share also. Not much action on the dipseys but the copper and the riggers took lots of hits.