Made a last minute decision to go out on a family trip tonight. Only problem was my 12 year old brother was the only one who wasn't busy. Well we made a night of it anyway. Set up in 80 FOW right out front and started on a south troll. Worked our way out to 130 with not so much as a bump and only a few marks on the graph. Turned west just north of Saugy. All I have to say it the currents right now are unbelievable. Had a hard time keeping it under 3.0 with the bags going south but turn north and I couldn't get past 2.0 with the bags out. Anyway, finally got our first hit on the wire diver with the usual big white paddle and poofster fly while we were trolling west in 100 FOW. After that all hell broke loose. Ended up with 4 in the boat for I don't even know how many hits. I couldn't keep rods in the water for a while. It did seem like they were short hitting a lot though, all of the fish came unhooked in the net and had a bunch of releases on the downriggers with no one home, and a couple rips on the longlines with no one home. Ended up being a great night out with the little brother, handing him rods and watching his face light up.

What worked:

100 - 85 FOW

0-4 MPH SOG

11" White/Silver fishscale paddle with Poofster fly 120 back on wire

8" White/Silver fishscale paddle with proctoligist fly 100 back on wire

8" UV Spin Doctor with Blue Dolphin BLL teaser rig on 250 #45 copper

Green Icicle Super Slim on 7 color

Stinger UV Gator 70 down on rigger

BLL NBK as freeslider on rigger

Mag Lemon Berry pounding bottom

Green Kato 55 down on rigger

img_20120626_203209.jpg

img_20120626_232207.jpg

img_20120626_213331.jpg

Edited by BenLubbs
added pictures

you're dead nuts right Ben - the currents are sick. At one point last night (out of Pt Sheldon), I completely quit using the gps and just watched cable angle on the riggers.

Once we figured it out and started trolling cross-current we did great - 10 kings, 2 lakers and 2 steelies. Chartreuse and greens were key.