Riviera Downriggers

back in the day they was as good as anything elce on the market. if they are in good shape now you should get many years of service out of them. just my opinion, and im sure there are some people that didnt like riviera. but the first riggers i ever had was riviera manuals. then i got laid off that fall and sold all my gear just before christmas, so we could have a good christmas for our kids. that spring when i went back to work i got a new set of penn manuals, then got laid off again that fall and sold them. the next spring i got some used big jons. i stayed with big jon manuals untill 3 yrs ago. and switched to big jon electrics. mostly because i got some awesome prices on the big jons i got. i got a set of sportsmans off ebay, one was a boat show display and the other one was new, i got them both for 425.00. then last year i got a set of pro tournaments with auto stop on auction with no reserve for 510.00 and 25.00 for shipping. then i had to pay alittle more for my second 2. but the first 2 didnt have rod holders or swivel bases, but i already had those. but i,ve heard good things about the riviera electrics back when all i could afford was manuals.

sherman

I had some manual Rivieras on my first 2 boats. I prefer them over any manual out there. Never used the electrics but can't imagine they'd be any different from the manuals quality wise. Anything but big jons in my opinion.

I have a soft spot Riviera Rigger as they were my first one's I owned. Looks like I need on clutch also. I have wire on one a and braid on the second one. I like braid but not when I have too many lines out. Here we can only use one rod per person. So most of my fishing is in The Columbia River or smaller streams So getting some downrigger time will be a great change and make me feel at home on the big pond.

• 2 years later...