1 for 3 sat morning fishing north of cheboygan. steelie on a halfcore with a ss reg blue dolphin. lost a good one after 10 minutes off a rigger 40 down blue dolphin and had one quick on quick off same rigger and that was it. a little frustrating but there is allways next time. fished for about 4 hrs.

PD,

the only fish cleaning station I know of is at the cheboygan launch. They also have a freezer there for head collection. I don't know where you are looking to fish mostly as far as area and boat traffic but cheboygan you don't have to deal with ferry traffic. I do fish out of mac sometimes. to me the distances are flip a coin.

We fished out of Mackinaw City every weekend last summer over by St. Ignace or by the islands and the ferry traffic doesn't bother the fishing. But Play Dough you are correct there is no where in Mackinaw to clean your catch. For me that doesn't matter because I just take them home and clean them.

slickwater,

Every weekend, good for you, I wish I could hit it that hard. I have had great days and not so great days as I am still on the learning curve of the area. How do you do in the straights?

Last July we averaged 5 per trip. Sometimes we fished by the island and sometimes at St. Ignace. We went 2 for 5 last Fri. The 3 we lost were not just knock offs they were actually hooked and got off. We have never fished towards Cheboygan.

Thanks for the info. I'm just considering options for the future at the moment and the lack of facilities to clean fish is a bit of a stumbling block to keeping Mackinaw City on the list, although my wife and I really enjoy all that area has to offer.