Walleye For Warriors

A big THANKS to our vets and to all that participated in this especially Mr. Nels Larson for spearheading it.

I had three vets aboard including Tom T. (Vietnam) who didn't sign up as a vet but first mated to make this trip a success for the other vets.

Elmer G. a 90+ yo Blind WW2 vet with his caregiver daughter. Elmer received our utmost respect and reeled in most of our fish.

Ken K. a two term Desert Storm and Iraq vet. Ken helped with the helm and back of the boat. He also made sure Elmer G was comfortable with love and respect for his elder comrade. Ken reeled in some fish but was more concerned with Elmer having the best fishing trip of his life.

We ended the trip with 21 keepers with 3 being over 20 inches and a quite a few not far behind. We probably threw back about and equal amount of future keepers that made for a very busy but enjoyable day aboard Priority1.

Hats off to the crew at the docks. When we needed the low dock to accommodate our older vet we were truly Priority1 coming in and going out.

Now the rest of the Story.

I knew Elmer G's late brother Ray and worked with him and even made a business trip to Chicago with him. Why did Elmer land on Priority1?? Luck of the draw?? I think not.

I met and worked for Ken K's father and knew and worked with Ken K's late friend Gary P. I remember Gary P. talking about his friend. Why did Ken K. land on Priority1?? Luck of the draw?? I think not.

There were 90 boats and around 200 vets. I looked at the whole list of vets and didn't recognize any other names other than the ones that somehow landed on Priority1.

God Bless all the vets and make a special place for the ones that gave all.

It was a great event. This was my first year and it sure won't be my last. We ended up with 12 keeps and almost twice that many throwbacks. I got the first two rods set and went to grab the third and we already had fish on both of the rods. It went that way all day. Our vet's were great and a good time was had by all. If any of you ever get the chance to participate in this event I strongly suggest you do. It is an awesome time and one I won't soon forget.

I wasn't able to participate this year but did last year. The same thing kind of happened to me last year Frank. Met the 3 vets I was taking out and it was a father and 2 sons. The dad lived about 1 1/2 miles from me in St. Louis and one of the sons lived in Sheperd. I had a great time and if I am able I will be participating next year.

I was VERY proud of all the Vets, Boat Captains, guys and gals that help make the event happen, and we all have to thank the many sponsors that helped us out. Course we have to thank Mother Nature for not sending any thurnder or lightning our way. I was very proud of all who showed up and took part. It was a very very successful event for sure this year. You are all very welcome next year. Help spread the word. Thanks Nels Larsen Coordinator WFW 2012 :thumb:

I had my father and father-in-law (both Vietnam vets), Jim (WWII) vet, and Grant a Vietnam vet aboard the Eyefull II. Like others have said, it was great to spend the day with Americas best. The storys they shared, and the pride they felt when we returned to the crowds cheering for them was priceless. The whole event was grade A, great food, great people, and great fishing. I have it on the calendar for next year already. Thanks Nels for a great event.

A friend of mine with his 91 year old grandfather participated and they had a wonderful experience. Thanks to the organizers and captains that is something all of us should participate in for our heros. I was moved you alls experience.

even tho i am a disabled vet i just couldnt make it with or without my boat. but i would like to thank each and every one of you that was a part of this. even the vets that showed up, it wouldnt be much without them. and theres just no words that can thank all you guys that took the vets out fishing and the guys who sets this up and makes sure everything goes as planned. sometimes the guys on shore just dont get there dues. so thank you one and all.

sherman