Had a fantastic weekend with the crew fishing out of Au Gres. Had a bit of trouble on Friday with my kicker motor running, so instead of wasting too much time I adapted and set out a spread of spoons. Jet 20s and 30s off the boards and mini dipsy's over the side. Just about everything was taking fish, with a few that took more than the others. Had our 2 man limit by 11AM. Texted Colvin before we were going to check a few other spots, he met us at the dock and off we went to another spot. Trolled there for a couple of hours and pulled 3, only one being a keeper. That was from noon until 3PM.

061512160656.jpg?t=1340026372

Saturday was the same. Started off with spoons in the same spot and started pulling fish pretty quick. Only difference on Saturday was we had a few more boats fishing in the area that we had to ourselves on Friday. Here's our fish from Saturday

100MEDIA36IMAG0281.jpg?t=1340026432

Not enough to take the Cappy Cup or the Main Event, but enough for everyone to have a bunch of fish

100MEDIA36IMAG0280.jpg?t=1340026437

Seems like the posts from the AuGres area all mention spoons now. Anybody still able to catch fish with crawlers? We went down there last Monday and only caught one nice perch and a throw back walleye. Had done real well the trip before that.

Seems like the posts from the AuGres area all mention spoons now. Anybody still able to catch fish with crawlers? We went down there last Monday and only caught one nice perch and a throw back walleye. Had done real well the trip before that.

We still bang them on bouncers and meat. Pulled a limit Friday out of AuGres.

Put 21 in the box for the WFW event in Bay City Sunday. I tell people I'm dragging bouncers and meat on the bottom and they asked silly questions like "How far back are you running them?" I usually tell them how far back but questions like that tell me they don't understand the concept.:) Sometimes the question irritates me and I just ignore it. :) Old Guys earned the right to be grumpy.:)

A warm welcome to the GLF site. :welcome: When it comes to meeting new friends and fishermen even old grumpy guys lighten up.

We still bang them on bouncers and meat. Pulled a limit Friday out of AuGres.

Put 21 in the box for the WFW event in Bay City Sunday. I tell people I'm dragging bouncers and meat on the bottom and they asked silly questions like "How far back are you running them?" I usually tell them how far back but questions like that tell me they don't understand the concept.:) Sometimes the question irritates me and I just ignore it. :) Old Guys earned the right to be grumpy.:)

A warm welcome to the GLF site. :welcome: When it comes to meeting new friends and fishermen even old grumpy guys lighten up.

I did run into Priority 1 at the dock on Friday, he was launching right about the same time, great minds think alike:thumb:

I have not run spoons on the bay all this season, or last. Before that, it was all I would run. I had some trouble with my kicker motor this weekend, which enables me to troll down to crawler speeds, if the kicker was functioning we would have used inlines and bouncers no doubt.

The positive about the motor failure is...

1. I was able to adapt and run a spoon program with success,

2. Got 'r fixed up and running like a champ.