So this was a busy weekend for me fishing wise.

Started out Friday night taking my uncle on my mom's side and a couple of his friends out. Heard that the fishing was pretty good up north so motored halfway to Portsheldon and set lines in 100 FOW heading north. Missed the first three fish of the night on a UV BW meat rig and BLL Green Kato on the riggers. Found a ton of bait just south of PS in 135 and marked it on the GPS. Shortly later hooked up with a nice steelie on a 5 color with a BLL Mod Blue Veggie on it. Spent the rest of the night working the bait and ended up going 8 for 12 on the night with 3 being identical 14.5 lb kings. Pulled lines around 10:30 when the fishing shut off.

Summary:

135-139 FOW

2.6 MPH GPS

North and South trolls

BW UV meat rig 105 on rigger- 2 hits, one undersized laker

BLL Green Kato 60 down on rigger - 1 hit

BLL Patriot on 300 copper - 1 hit, 1 king

UV SpinDoctor with BLL Blue Dolphin teaser rig on 250 copper - 2 kings

Silver Streak Mag U of M Frog on diver 160 back - 2 kings

BLL Mod Blue Veggie on 5 color - 2 Steelhead

Saturday morning I had one of my uncle's from my dad's side, his brother from California, his brother's son, and my sister out. We started in the same spot as Friday and started of quick with two fish in the boat before we had half the lines set. After that it slowed way down for us. Didn't get another fish for an hour and a half. Had a spree at about 10:00 when we got a double to two big fish on the coppers. Each had about 150 yards of backing off the reels, but one bit though the leader on the teaser rig and the other just managed to come loose. Ended up 5 for 7 with 3 kings and 2 steelhead.

Summary:

Same water and speed as Friday

Silver Streak Mini Blue Mango freeslider on rigger at 60 - 1 king

11 Pro Trol with Poofster fly on rigger at 80 - 1 king

Moonshine Raspberry Carbon on 300 Copper - 1 king, 1 hit

UV SD with BLL teaser rig on 250 Copper- 1 hit

Silver Streak Mini U of M frog on 10 color - 1 Steelhead

BLL Mod Blue Veggie on 5 color - 1 Steelhead

Saturday night we launched at 5:00 but had to wait for the storm cells to blow over. Set lines around 6:15 in the same water as I fished the previous two trips. Our first fish came on the 250 copper with the same uv spindoctor with teaser rig and took us about 45 min to land with the boat as slow as it could go. Only ended up being around 12 lb, but fought hard. Next fish was a king on the diver 180 back with a green DW spoon, don't know the name though, that was a smaller king. While changing downrigger lures found a shaker on a BLL Blue Kato. Last fish of the night was a nice steelhead on a 5 color with a mag Double Orange Crush. called it quits around 8:30 after getting lucky with the 10 color meeting the motor and the waves building.

Some pictures:

DSCN0046.jpg

DSCN0047.jpg

DSCN0048.jpg

DSCN0049.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0054.jpg

DSCN0055.jpg

This was from Friday night. Couldn't ask for a nicer night to be out.

DSCN0045.jpg