Marine radio not transmiting

I have a Uniden Solara radio with a Merchant Marine VHF NAV-5 antenia.Having trouble hearing other boats most of the time only hearing one side of conversation. Out today with boats close that I new and they could not hear me but they where load and clear.Could it be the antenia,mic,or radio. I was thinking maybe trying the antenia.Any sugestions to steer me in the right direction would be helpful.

Had the same issue with a new horizans radio that is 12 years old.(2 years new for me) Finally reset it back to factory default sttings, works like a charm. Perhaps I had inadvertently messed something up earlier. Its great now.

Bobber

Is it a recent purchase? If so call uniden.There was a problem with some of the recent radios not transmitting.Guy in the slip next to me couldnt talk over the radio to me sitting in the same marina.called uniden and they are sending him a new radio cause of issues with some radios.I believe his was a solara also.

not saying its your problem. but some years ago i was broke down on erie, and my radio did the same thing. i could hear others but couldnt get out. i had just put a new antenna on my boat. but i was able to contact the coast guard and talking through them i got a boat i had talked to before my radio had quit. he came and towed us in. sure enough it was a bad antenna. so they can cause this problem.

if you have a friend with an antenna you could test your radio by hooking up to his antenna. i know thats alot of trouble, but you,ve got to start somewhere. or try somebodies radio with your antenna.

keep us posted as to what you find wrong.

sherman