Fishing Reports for L. Huron - Pt. Austin/Grindstone

All, I am a relatively new member.. this is my first post. I really enjoy the posts and updates from members fishing L. Michigan/Sag. Bay/Erie... but I must say.. I was hoping to get more updates from the tip of the thumb...

I will be new to fishing the Grt Lakes and will provide updates as I go along. Is there a way I can get updates on what is happening in the Grindstone/Pt Austin waters? I see several posts on this site.. but alot of time between...

Any pointers for me to continue learning would be great.

Thanks in advance.

If you start posting fishing reports for your port people will find them in google and will start coming here for your port & they will start posting. Pass the site name around on the cleaning stations. My port gets a good number of posts because someone took the time to post reports for a couple of months without anyone else posting reports. Eventually people will find them and start coming here. You might also find some members that live in the area that just don't post but will once you start.

Welcome aboard Steve! Like the others have said....If you post it, they will come. I live on the East side of the state, and this is where most members come from.

Looking forward to your reports. :cool:

I'm hoping to fish some eyes out of Caseville this coming week. I understand the Port Austin ramp is still closed for repairs. Hoping the walleyes have made their way up from the inner bay and starting to spread out. Flat Rock reef and Hat Point are a couple of very good spots the last few years if you can catch them at the right time. If not, I see reports that folks are still limiting out at the the #1 and 2 buoys.

friday morning we fished for walleye for three hours, lost two right at the boat . so no fish . only marked a few on the finder 18 - 35 feet then went for bass 15 to 20 fish caught and released . fun day