Hit the water about 5am and set up in 50' on a SW troll and immediately started making tons of bait and fish. The only problem is they didn't want to bite! Made it out to 85' and the high diver out 120' went off. Some blue UV ladderback spoon Jon gave me last weekend. The first fish in my boat this year was a nice 5 lb coho. Turned northwest to try and go back through the same water and when we hit 110'-135' we had a quick 3/3 flurry. Low diver out 100' with double fish scale paddle and green/glow Sigg's Fly fired twice, full core w/ Purple Thunder went once. Got pushed outside and by the time we hit 135' again we were going northeast. Took 1 on half core w/ Mixed Veggies and another on the low diver. The rest of the day we worked the 110-145' band from the condos to the sliders. There was current on top that was offshore and a stronger current on shore down below. We had the best luck quartering into the current rather than running straight. Half core went a couple of times with a Pro King Coyote. 300' copper went a couple of times with a mini yellow something that I think might have been from the Dreamweaver last year. The high diver with the free spoon from last week went a couple of times out 120' and later 160'. The low diver went a couple of more times out 100' and 130'. Full core with a Mag Super Screw went once. Might have missed a couple but we ended 10/14 with 5 steelies, 4 kings and the coho. 3 of the lost fish were steelies also who put on a show. Even saw a steelie jump out of the water behind the boat even though it wasn't hooked. We ripped off a couple sets of lips when boards dove and one of the steelies stole my Coyote but all in all it was a pretty good morning for my shakedown trip. I'll post some pics later.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/gallery/files/8/5/imag0030_950403.jpg' alt='imag0030_950403.jpg'>

Edited by Paulywood

How many Bush lights?

Nice job on the fish.

When will you be back Nick? We need to get together.

No Busch Lights, I did have 2 Bud Lights, though. As of right now I plan on fishing the July 8th WMFL event.