still no Trolling Valves

I'm so pissed, I'm waiting for Computer Chips out of Germany to slow my boat down, until then I'll be sitting and No Fishing....Damn it's going to be a long summer again with No Fishing.

as i think you have inboards the regular trolling plates wont work for you. but the trolling bags should slow you down just fine. they are just alittle trouble getting up on the bow and tieing them off on the cleats or bow rails. but i have used them, but i like the plates better for my mercruiser. but the bags works good, your boat will even handle better at slow speeds when trolling. just make sure to get bags big enough to slow you down to trolling speed. if you really want to troll then the bags are the way to go for you. i have read on here about some of the people that sells the bags can take your information and tell you what size bags you will need. just my opinion. but i would be trolling. if you tie the bags off up towards the front of the boat they dont even get in the way of your fishing.

sherman

in Roberts case, he is talking on a much larger scale than most. I do not believe there would be much a trolling plate is going to do to slow down that 50 footer with the monster diesels pushing it. Not sure about trolling bags either. If I am not mistaken, trolling valves actually work off the transmission. Its not like idling down the actual engine, you are slowing down the speed that the transmission is turning the shaft. Any adjustments made with the trolling valves do not effect the engine at all.

josh you are correct in you line thinking, slippage is in the trans and control by the computer, down to 100 % slippage. And it might help to have bags, but I don't want to rip cleats out either...700hp diesels...yup it's a lotta Power in them ther engines....So We're still waiting for the chips, for the puters....Damn the bad luck!!!!

BoatwebPic01-1.jpg

Ive fished with a friend who has a 42 ft Tiara and it is powered by twin 650 hp cummins diesels, until he had trolling valves installed he used trolling bags made by amish outfitters and never had a problem with getting his boat slow enough. You only need to run 1 engine at a time so you should have no problem trolling and when you run your bags you should run them from your spring line cleat that is midship they won't get in the way of your gear. Hope this helps bags are a good low cost solution until you get your trolling valves installed good luck.

hey boltman

you could look at it like this. at least you have a biiiig boat.LOL.

all kidding aside. when are you going to get your valves for your boat?? how big of a job to install??

how fast are you running with one engine?? are you sure you dont want to try the bags with one engine. those cleats are pretty strong. but thinking about it im not sure i would chance it either. if they did fail it would really mess up a nice boat.

sherman

Yes the rest of the Boat is Rigged, I don't have a flat screen and I'm going to be nervous enough with Autopilot on and being down in the cockpit (patio) fishing while this boat is moving with nobody driving it...But that said... I have spoke the the programming engineer who is writing the Eprom for the Boats computers that tell it to let the transmission plates to slip...They didn't have a Eprom Burner.... Oh my God I told him I'd buy the damn thing and send it down to Lexington KY For him to use, Imagine a company like BoschRexroth, telling me they didn't have a Eprom Burner....I'm going to hurt someone I swear....

do you know how frustrating it is to see these coolers being full coming back to the marina and I can't even get this Baheamith to slow down enough to catch a fish....Maybe some of you guys do know I don't know, all I know is it's very frustrating, the wife wants me to go out and get an old 24 footer to fish with instead of the yacht

The Big Jons are installed, the Dipsey holders are set and ready to go, and Probe is installed and working well and the Fishfinder is marking a lot of Fish, I just can't slow down to catch them.....What is a man to do, if anyone has a good day Fishing out near Montague and want to share some Fish, let me know...

Yes the rest of the Boat is Rigged, I don't have a flat screen and I'm going to be nervous enough with Autopilot on and being down in the cockpit (patio) fishing while this boat is moving with nobody driving it...But that said... I have spoke the the programming engineer who is writing the Eprom for the Boats computers that tell it to let the transmission plates to slip...They didn't have a Eprom Burner.... Oh my God I told him I'd buy the damn thing and send it down to Lexington KY For him to use, Imagine a company like BoschRexroth, telling me they didn't have a Eprom Burner....I'm going to hurt someone I swear....

do you know how frustrating it is to see these coolers being full coming back to the marina and I can't even get this Baheamith to slow down enough to catch a fish....Maybe some of you guys do know I don't know, all I know is it's very frustrating, the wife wants me to go out and get an old 24 footer to fish with instead of the yacht

The Big Jons are installed, the Dipsey holders are set and ready to go, and Probe is installed and working well and the Fishfinder is marking a lot of Fish, I just can't slow down to catch them.....What is a man to do, if anyone has a good day Fishing out near Montague and want to share some Fish, let me know...

It sounds like I need to get my butt up there and take you fishing in my boat Robert. ( now all I need is to find some time off)