Aluminum Hull Transducer

I have a Lund Genmar 2450 and ever since I have owned it I cannot get good/any resolution on the depth finders. I have a Humminbird 937c and a Lowrance LMS332C both have similar results. I can keep bottom fine however its ALWAYS blank between the top and bottom. I cant even mark my 15# rigger balls down 30'. The lowrance was taken off my previous boat and it worked flawless. Marked fish and my balls down to over 100'. I am convinced it is interference with my trim tabs on this boat. I have tried different transducers and locations and its always the same. With the trim tabs it really limits the spots to mount the transducers. Has anyone else had similar problems? Has anyone tried the shoot thru Alumaducer? I love the boat but hate I cant mark anything, no bait, downrigger balls, or fish:mad:

I am confused by your description. I have a Lund with a Lowrance 525 LCX DF. At trolling speed you should be marking consistently. I agree with Ryan, if you post a picture you will get some good help here.

album.php?albumid=277&pictureid=602

album.php?albumid=277&pictureid=601

The starbord side has two separate transducers for the humminbird. I originally thought the problem was with the transducer so I bought a new one and installed. The problem was still the same. Only one is hooked up currently. I then took my lowrance off my other boat (which worked awesome on the other boat) and installed with the transducer on the port side next to my fishhawk x-5 triducer. The lowrance has the same resolution as the humminbird. I have experimented with only running one unit at a time without the probe as well as playing with various settings in the fishfinders to no avail. No much room back there with all the stuff mounted.

check your transducer cable,if it is ran with other wires it could be a problem with noise bleeding from the other wires they are ran with.transducer wires need to be run by them selves and not with other transducer wires for sure.it is a common problem,even with installs done by the "pros".

Ran the transducer cables all by themselves across the floor of the boat last weekend and NO difference at all. I ordered an Alumaducer by Vexilar. Worth a shot at this point. Ill see how it works. Sooner or later ill find something that works.