big boards diving

OK were using the big church boards tx44 I think that's Wut they are. Anyway we use them for long copper and when we get a fish on down dives the board and then poof fish comes off due to slack in line from fighting the board. Do other people have this issue? Any secrets to not let this happen? We lost 2 or 3 fish this weekend from it.

We did manage 9 for 10 Friday night out of PS and 3 for 6 Saturday from 12 to 2. Blue Bennie spoon been hot! And a blue sparkle on 400 copper. Thanks for any advice.

Hmm, When is the board diving? We've pulled up to 1000feet of copper, and pulled BIG fish on that rig, without the board diving.

Are you keeping your rod tip very low when your fighting the fish while the board is still in the water?

Keep the rod tip down is what we learned, no need to horse up on a copper line.

I like to pretend I'm 8 years old and just keep steady, smooth cranking.

it seems young kids boat alot more fish, so why not reel like they do.

Hmm, When is the board diving? We've pulled up to 1000feet of copper, and pulled BIG fish on that rig, without the board diving.

Are you keeping your rod tip very low when your fighting the fish while the board is still in the water?

Yep, what TJ said. Keep the rod horizontal or even pointing toward the water. If you try to pump it in the board is going to dive. It's a problem with the smaller boards but even more noticable with the big ones. I fished with Tj last month and we ran them all day with no real issues that I can recall. Good luck.

Thanks alot if that doesn't work then they will be floating around out there with free written on them!

I'll take em! Love those things! In my honest opinion you can't ask for a better planer board. i mean, they pull 1000 copper for god sakes! lol

I like to pretend I'm 8 years old and just keep steady, smooth cranking.

That's 100% correct as far as fighting fish on boards go. Slow and steady wins the race. If the fish wants to go AT ALL let him go!

What everyone else said keep the rod down level with the water slowly reel the board to the boat and only lift the board up when it is close enough to come cleanly out of the water, remove the board and then fight the fish normally. As for the boards all of them work well. I have Walleye boards and Tx 44's and no problem. However Jon Marvin did make me some stainless steel pins for the boards that are the real deal. No more problems with the Power Pro backer cutting the plastic pins.