I had the pleasure of fishing with Nate VK and his friend Travis yesterday morning. After some minor motor adjustments the night before I am happy to say the boat ran like a champ. I guess it helps to make sure the ground wire is tight, because the motor will start then;)

Anyway.... back to the important part. The fishing... we ended up 9 for ALOT....

The good.. was the BIG fish were biting.....

the bad they liked some of thier new piercings so much they took them with them.

Lost a board (if anyone finds it my number is on it)

lost a 350 copper

and a couple spoons along the way.

Also when someone claims to know what they are doing..... and forgets to set the clicker and lets a fish run 300 yeards plus the 300 copper.... THEY get to reel it in. It was good to watch nate suffer through all 600 feet of copper with a spinnie a fly and a 15 pound fish. (Nate really does know what he is doing... and is a great guy, but I need to make fun of him anyway)

What worked

BLL patriot 350 copper

BLL Blue green frozen frog 250 copper

Stinger Black silver small spoon

BLL Prototype White Goby Rigger down 60

BLL Wet Dream 5 color

SD Blue/Silver with a BWF mirage fly with blue beads Diver back 180

SD solid chrom with a BWF mirage fly with Yellow beads Diver back 150

SD Blue silver w a BWF Mirage fly with Blue beads (with BW Vibrator head) 300 copper

SD Crushed UV on clear with a BWF Blue meatless teaser 300 45 copper

SD Blue/silver with a BW Mirage/silver fly 300 45

Fished N of holland in 110 to 130 ... with 130 being the best after the sun came up.

North troll speed was 2.4

South troll speed was 2.1

Nice work Dave.

Do you normally troll that slow (assuming that is GPS speed)?

We had a great troll speed on the last boat that I like and we are still tweaking the new one. GPS should be GPS, but I still think we need to dial it in on the new boat.

We had a great troll speed on the last boat that I like and we are still tweaking the new one. GPS should be GPS, but I still think we need to dial it in on the new boat.

Hay Mark,

Troll speed should differ daily as far as GPs speed goes. Personally we have absolutely no use for gps speed. Your speed should be tweaked at the ball rather than on the surface(unless of course your fishing a bunch of 2 and 3 color leads for steelhead or really shallow kings..aka surface baits). I haven't been out since Tuesday, but one direction top speed was 3.6 while down was 2.4 and the other dirction it was 1.8 and 2.6. The current changes daily, and there is never a magical speed.