St Joe Reports / Advice

Looking for some St Joe reports. Taking my Dad out for fathers day weekend. He's never done this before, and I've never been out of St Joe before. I'd like to get him on some fish so he can understand why I call this hobby an addiction. Couple questions:

Which ramp should I use, the one on the island, or the one across from the island on the Benton Harbor side?

Is there a cleaning station at either ramp?

Are skams around, and what's the best method to catch them off a boat?

Have kings been around and in what depth?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Use the St Joseph Ramp off of Anchors Way, great docks and the Parking lot is never too full. Costs $5 bucks to park but it is far safer than the parking at the DNR ramp, and u dont have to fight the shallow water area just off the launch at the DNR ramp. Watch this site for more information on fishing out of St Joe, I will be going Tuesday PM and will post if we get out and do anything. My sources say that u can find fish from 80 FOW out to 250 FOW. The warm water is going to change the game.

Looking for some St Joe reports. Taking my Dad out for fathers day weekend. He's never done this before, and I've never been out of St Joe before. I'd like to get him on some fish so he can understand why I call this hobby an addiction. Couple questions:

Which ramp should I use, the one on the island, or the one across from the island on the Benton Harbor side? The Benton Harbor ramp is a nice launch, plenty of parking. Plus it's right across from Tackle Haven. Not sure about the St Joe side, they don't let me over there anymore. But if it's in St Joe, it's probably nice. It would also undoubtedly be jam packed with inexperienced boaters from Illinois

Is there a cleaning station at either ramp?Not at either ramp, but Tackle Haven has one you can use. No grinder though, bring trash bags.

Are skams around, and what's the best method to catch them off a boat? Apparently not yet, should be soon. When I finally catch one I will let you know what the best method is

Have kings been around and in what depth? Last week I was catching them surprisingly close, in like 75 to 80 FOW. Tackle Haven also has daily reports of the hot depths, phone call questions cheerfully answered

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Skams are at the pair heads and we caught kings in 80 and 130 fow last weekend got some nice perch in 30 fow also. I like the bh launch u don't deal with the current although it really isn't that bad on the St. Joe side but we always use the Benton harbor one and have no problem.s just.lock the doors