Was able to fish with the wife today solo. Left the house about 9 and headed to the boat. So got to the marina and launched and it looked real nice on the water, steamed out and got up on plane to the spot. Sat down and deployed the spread, inlines with harnesses. Didn't take very long and we had one in the net, about the same time the wind had kicked up and got a little white on the water. We drifted a pass a couple of times ending the day with 4.

060312194041.jpg

2 on inlines and 2 on the bottom bouncers. Thought one that came on the bouncer was a cat or a sheep because it f'ing hammered the lure. Peeled some line off the reel and gave a good fight all the way in.

JRs Cotton candy

SS Hot lobster

and a custom "discontinued" pattern ( glad i have a DOZEN)

What times dinner J?

I'll have some when you're up for the Benzie Frenzie....and only a hop skip and a jump from Frankfort. If you lost the # I can give it again.....

great job. any time you can spend fishing with your better half is good. then the fish are a nice bonus. my wife use to fish alot with me on smaller lakes but she never would go out on the big water.

i had quit fishing erie after i got sick and most of my friends had passed or moved away. then about 3 yrs ago my oldest son who had fished erie with us came up to me and asked if i would take my boat and go up to erie with him and his family on vacation. so me and the wife went. i got back into fishing erie with my sons and there families. my wife loves camping, so she still goes with us and just camps.

there is nothing like watching that youngest grandson when he catches a big eye. the other grandson just doesnt like the big water, he gets sick and stays sick.

but i really wish my wife could handle the big water. so you have a blessing right there. there are alot of guys that not only does there wives not fish but gives them a hard time about going fishing. i have fished to some degree since we got married and we fished dale hollow alot. some of my best memeries are with her fishing with me. but the only time she has ever said one word about my fishing. i had a trip planned to go to manistee michigan with some other guys. she asked me not to go on that trip. it was my truck and camper and my boat so if i didnt go nobody went. so i didnt go, and have never regretted not going. she has never said anything again about my fishing or hunting. she even goes with us hunting sometimes but she dont hunt.

i know this is a long post but i just wanted you to know how lucky you are to have your wife as a fishing partner.

sherman

i know this is a long post but i just wanted you to know how lucky you are to have your wife as a fishing partner.

sherman

It sure was nice to have her out with me. It's been too long since the last time, 3 kids will do that.:grin: Now that they're becoming older we can allocate more time to do things together, and when conditions are right we'll be taking the kids. Kind of my own lil' fishing crew. It's good to have a woman that understands this sickness they call fishing. She will actually suggest to me that I go from time to time, tells me that when I don't get some fishing in I get grumpy. It's a place for me to clear my head and not think about anything.