Brumuda Triangle Report 5/25

WTF sums it up pretty well....

Played hooky for work to hit the Big Puddle. Got some stuff done around the house, to stay in the good graces of Momma! :D

Bro in law Jay, neigbor/friend Jim and I headed over to Sheboygan, planned on being on the water about 2. Stopped for gas in Fond du Lac. Filled the boat and went to turn the truck around and nothing, the Exploder would crank but no fire. The fella at the next pump over told me it is the fuel pump, he is an auto tech. We try the beating of the gas tank and still nothing. From the fella's suggestion we shot it with either and away it puttered then nothing! Our tech fella confirmed the dead fuel pump. I looked at Jim and He looks at me and without a word said... Plan B.... Jim and I both dispatch our kids to drive the 30 minute to bail us out. Jim's son brings his Tundra and my daughter drives down with the Charger to take Jim's son back... NICE... we are still going fishing!! Hopefully once they get there! Now I headed into the Kwik Trip to call a tow truck and a guy wearing a Holiday Auto shop shirt is getting out of his car. I ask him the number to the shop, He ask me with vehicle is mine, He hopps on his phone calls a wrecker for us and drive me to the shop for the paper work..... sweet! Just as we were talking a van towing a boat gets hit by a car while trying to pull into the Brumuda Triangle Gas Station. I walk back over to the gas station after the paper work and the tow truck is there, he blow a hydralic hose right as he get under the Exploder.... Son of a biscuit! He calls another wrecker to pick the truck. The driver helps us push the boat and truck out of the way since the gas station is screaming busy. Our kids show up and we hook the Tundra up to my boat ... but the darn light cable is way to short. Plan C.... Fleet Farm!! So we send the kids home, leave the Exploder and head over to f&f and pick up a harness extension.... 2 hour delay but we are still going!!

Thank to the helpful tech, the Holiday Auto shop guy, our two kids and some quick thinking..... We made it to the Big Pond! :cool:

Sad part is the repair is going to be $950.00 ... This shoots my x4 and radio right out the window! Dang it! Just a temporary set back of the fishing funds!

Ended up 10 for 11!!! I knew it was going to be a great day fishing, when that much crap goes wrong, you know the fih have to be snapping! :thumb:

Tom, If no one got hurt it's just a bump in the road of life. GJ on the fish. Sometimes when things start going bad it just escalates.

Frank,

Agreed. I still cant believe we got out that day. The wife just laughs at our recovery and that still went fishing!

Man that sucks but at least you got out and got some fish. I am sure the problems where not remembered while reeling in those fish.

Your right ...Until the wife called while we were busy with a double and she dropped the price bomb on me... I got sea sick right then. :eek: