Transducer location

I have a Lowrance HDS7 and works great but the screen gets fuzzy at anything more than a fast troll. I am thinking transducer location is the issue but any ideas as to mounting location? Lower or more below the bottom of the stern?

It still picks up the depth but I can't tell if I am running right over the fish or not.

Thanks....again.

I have a LCX 525 DF with the transducer mounted on the transom. It reads the bottom well on plane, but I don't really expect it to show a big arch below me when I am going 30. Should I?

I had the same problem as well, the depth would stop reading, high boat speed readings stopped, mine was mounted on the transom, near the center of the boat, by the motor. I did all the adjustments, etc. and nothing helped. I then decided to move the transducer to the furthest point away that I could, remembering not to mount it too close to the trailer bunk.

That did the trick for me, as I have very consistent reading now, even on plane! I figured that it was all from the prop disturbance. Hope this helps.

I will give that a shot. I tried moving it down and closer to the motor already. I will go back the other way as far as I can. The transducer is mounted to a white fiberglass board so I will be limited to how far I can go. There is nothing in the way currently as far as a strake or anything.

Worth a shot.

Thanks again.

Dave