Au Gres May 23, 2012

A pic is worth a thousand words. Joe A. Mel D. and I fished Au Gres. 3 man limit in spite of the calm water and a ton of bugs. 25-27 FOW pulling bouncers and meat. Low and Slow was where it was at. First 10 fish came easy and the bite got tougher for the last 5. Colors purple, glow chartreuse, fire tiger, and red. It's not easy pickings yet out of Au Gres but they are there if you are willing to work. I talked with Capt. Mike and he was on a faster track than we were. Capt. Mike is a class act. The over the hill gang can still get it done but it takes longer.:grin:

My apologies for not being on the site much. Fishing is good for me but it takes a lot out of me also. Darn I think I'll do it again tomorrow if the wind looks right. I need to get some trips in before the crazy weekend. I'll probably hole up Sat-Mon unless someone twists my arm.

dsc00156.jpg

:thumb: Frank, 4 of my buddys went this Am and got 4 man limit by 1:00 pm out of sunset in the slot, a lot small fish and junk fish also:eek: I'am going this weekend as long as mother nature gets up on the right side of the bed:rolleyes:

Nice job P1! Keep after em, you know the action is going to pickup. That firetiger the same one you were using a few years ago when I jumped on board with you? Looking to head out for a quick trip potentially Saturday with the wife and kids....hope to get a couple and enjoy the excitement with the kids!

That firetiger the same one you were using a few years ago when I jumped on board with you?

Yes that was one of them but just a regular Fire Tiger was producing also. You really have to be on your toes with the slow presentation. I have heard that cranks and spoons are picking up a few but the meat program seems to always shine.

Frank, I didn't see you out there today. It started out kind of rough going out, but then it calmed down, but the bugs were not a problem for us today, but if we had stayed out longer, then they were just starting to come out when we left. We did very well today in the same area taking limits in about three hours. There were a lot of suspended fish today as we took about half our fish half way down and the rest just off the bottom. Fire Tiger was good today on the bottom and Water Mellon was good up high. We took some bigger fish up to about 25" today too, which was nice.

Capt. Mike Veine

Mike, I was up early and checked the wind off Gravelly Shoal and #1 Buoy and decided not to go. With all the bugs yesterday I was thinking their would be some suspended fish today. We always start with a couple of lines high and most of the time they take a fish or two early. I'm glad you got into them. We had a couple of fish yesterday that were in the 22-23 inch range. Thanks for the report.

! Dont take my parken spot either...LOL!!:lol:

Scott, I'm working on having a personalized sign made for that spot. Just because you come up from Flint and buy a place around here doesn't get you a key to the city. We'll square off and settle this in the parking lot.:lol: Tight Lines and hope to see you soon.

Scott, I'm working on having a personalized sign made for that spot. Just because you come up from Flint and buy a place around here doesn't get you a key to the city. We'll square off and settle this in the parking lot.:lol: Tight Lines and hope to see you soon.

I was surprised to see you in your "personal parking spot" yesterday morning. That wind was fierce in the morning. I tried to call you on the radio from the parking lot, but you must have been out too far to hear. We went out at 2:00 and it had died down a lot by then. The fishing was decent yesterday afternoon as we took a good box of fish in about four hours of fishing. You were still out when I launched, but I didn't see you out there.

Mike

I'll be ring side for this one.... :thumb::lol::lol::lol:

LOL!!!!:lol: You got it!! Still fishing around the corner from yeah and doing good but i'll be up that way soon!!:thumb::thumb:

Hey Frank... You let Scott buy a home around you?? There goes the property values.

Did you make it out Monday?? I doubt it.

Ya know I hardly ever fish weekends let alone a holiday weekend. The twice a year boaters and fishermen can drive a sane person over the edge. Just think what that experience would do to someone like me.:)