Proposal 3 (What do you think?)

caznik

Proposal 06-3 is "A referendum on public act 160 of 2004 - an act to allow the establishment of a hunting season for mourning doves". If approved, this act will authorize the Natural Resources Commission to establish a hunting season for mourning doves in Michigan, similar to those in our neighboring states. Hunters will be required to purchase a small game license and a $2.00 mourning dove stamp, generating additional funds for the state's conservation and preservation programs. A dove season will also generate income for local businesses and additional tax revenues for our state. Vote "Yes" if you wish to allow the establishment of a dove season in Michigan.

Well members,

Tell me what do you really think about this proposal for letting hunters hunt morning doves in Michigan. I been talking to alot of guys at work and they think that there should not be a such kind of hunt at all because you do not get alot of meat out of these birds and that there is other birds that we have right now that we can go out and hunt for. Well to me as a Michigan sportsman and a hunter and fisherman I do think this should pass for the hunters in Michigan to get a chance to hunt these birds. For me I will probly will not hunt them just because I have other intrest in hunting, but you have to look at the other hunter that like to get a chance to hunt these morning doves on our side of the being a Michigan Sportsman. Yes I do feed the birds in the winter and I do like to here the morning doves sing in the morning. But all of us Michigan sportsmen out here we must all stick together on everything that has to do with hunting or fishing on these type of votes.

Well let me know what you think,

Rich

i think a dove season is ridiculous but im still voteing yes on it because there are people out there who might enjoy it and its any persons right to choose if they want to or not. i just think my self the cost of shells to do so out weighs the amount of meat you'll get

Yes here!

I'm a hunter, fisher, etc etc etc.

I just don't like any kind of gun control.

Most game birds like this are just taken for the breast meat anyway. If you want some mourning dove meat, go for it. I'm sure not everybody will hunt them but the right is still the right!

T

"They can take my guns when they pry them out of my cold dead hands"

(fill in the author here if known)

BIG YES here. It's a lot more than just a dove season at stake. We already fought and won a dove season and these wackos are tring to stop it. Why, because they know it is a very controvesial subject and stand a good chance of having the season stopped forever. Once they get their foot in the door hang on, they will be back after every seasopn we have. I have convinced a few that said they would not support it to just not vote on it. That is better than another no vote aginst us. What really bothers me are the number of so called sportsman that refuse to vote for it, they are shooting them self in the foot. As far as them being to small, they have as much meat as a quail or woodcock and we have had a season on both these birds for a long time. The next time someone tells you they are voting NO ask them why they would support the same wackos that throw blood people who wear real fur because that is who is behind this. This is a lot more than just a dove season folks.

Ya what really is bothering me also is all the guys at work that hunt, they do not want to vote yes for proposal 3 because they think the dove should not be hunted because of the lack of meat and they are bird lovers. But yet they will go crow hunting and just leave them lay in the woods to rot. :angry2:

Rich

Explain to them that if we loose this they can count on them going after their crow season in the future and why should we support them if they are not willing to support us. This Dove bill is intended to pit hunter aginst hunter and it's doing a good job. Sad thing is all the "sportsman" that claim they won't support it will be cring like babies when they go after a season they really enjoy and they can't get the support they need to save it, this is exactly what the antis are hoping for.

yes yes yes this may not look like a big meet taker but it is still the thought of the bunnie huggers takeing something away that is a lot of fun i have gone to ohio and done this and it is a BALL and they make the most flaverfull kabobs you could ever eat

Ya what really is bothering me also is all the guys at work that hunt, they do not want to vote yes for proposal 3 because they think the dove should not be hunted because of the lack of meat and they are bird lovers. But yet they will go crow hunting and just leave them lay in the woods to rot. :angry2:

YES is YES

It still boils down to we as sportsmans have a right to vote and hunt.

Larry

ok guys, i live in indiana.we have a dove season and it is great! the doves are not only challenging but the are flat out awesome table fare! you guys have great reasons for your YES votes, but dont knock it till you try it is all i can say. i have a strong biological back ground that i can not really talk out on here but i can tell you that you can not "stock pile" doves, this means that hunting or not you will have the same number of doves when looking at the big picture. i am a bird lover too but hunting is hunting and thats who i am and what i stand for! i am sure most people dont shoot deer because they hate them. just my humble opinion.

P.S. feel free the look back at the "what do you do for a living post"