Saugatuck 6th Grade Fishing Outing

Today we got a chance to take out about 70 Saugatuck 6th grade students as a reward for participating in the Salmon in the Classroom program. 17 boats (Saugatuck charter boats, private Saugatuck boats and a couple of Holland private boats) donated their time and boats to provide 5 hours of fishing for the students, writers and photographers. Better than 100 fish were caught and then cleaned by the charter captains and then cooked up by Ducks Unlimited and enjoyed by students, staff, observers and crews. I would like to thank two Holland boats, Cyndie Sue and Jim Bobber, all the Saugatuck private boats and the half dozen Saugatuck Charter Boats for taking part in this outing and making it a huge success.

may22_0006.jpg

Edited by GLF
Fixed image.

It was my first time working with the kids for this event helping captain Bill on the Bonaventure. I think I had as great a time as the kids and hope to do it again next year. I thank the group that works hard to put this together. It is a great program to get the kids interested in fishing!!!!

Sounds like a great program. What a great way to get kids out and have some outdoor fun, and to see how much fun fishing really is. Way to go guys !!!! Thanks for sharing this with our youth.