brest bay 5-19/5-20

Well fishing was tough to say the least. We fished from fermi to the raisin river from 17 ft to the border. 3 small walleye for about 200 silver bass for two days of fishing. I haven't hooked that many silvers in years. Sounded like fishing was pretty slow all over in michigan waters. Everyone was complaining about how many silver bass were out there. Two more days than i will be fishing down there for the whole week.

Earlier in the week we did OK in front of Fermi in 17 to 20 fow. Not big numbers but big fish.

Thats what i had heard so saturday morning that where we headed and it was a bust in that are. when we finally did get the one saturday it was in front of sterling. in 20 ft of water on a crawler harness with a gulp night crawler. sunday was the same opnly two were in that same area. I heard last night turtle island area was hot and the dumping grounds were ok. I have to get my ohio license and put in the coordinates for turtle island and try it out.

thanks jon,

Al least we were catching something. I had about 50-75 releases out on each board by the time we quit fishing both days. and almost all of those were silver bass.

Jimmys prototype JPSlammers took silvers as quick as they hit the water. Two of the walleye were caught on the prototypes.

Earlier in the week we did OK in front of Fermi in 17 to 20 fow. Not big numbers but big fish.

Nice job, Steve! Did you take your boat down or ride with someone cause I know you got the new place and funds are tight! I know Chucks been doing good down there too!!

3 of us fished the point saturday afternoon from 20-26' fow and pulled 2 then trolled over to infront of sterling 20-22' and pulled 16 more with 6 of them being short throwbacks. Sun morning 2 of us set up in front of sterling, same spot and pulled 12 in 2.5hrs. We've been fishing the bay from park to point last cple of wks. Mostly small schools that you have to circle back or make short trolls to stay on them. Harnesses w/1oz inlines #6 colorado 20-30 back1.0-1.4sog

We'll be out sat, sun and mon mornings. May be in same area or possibly dumping grounds to light house area. Will be on ch 68.

Nick, boat name: shark attack.

3 of us fished the point saturday afternoon from 20-26' fow and pulled 2 then trolled over to infront of sterling 20-22' and pulled 16 more with 6 of them being short throwbacks. Sun morning 2 of us set up in front of sterling, same spot and pulled 12 in 2.5hrs. We've been fishing the bay from park to point last cple of wks. Mostly small schools that you have to circle back or make short trolls to stay on them. Harnesses w/1oz inlines #6 colorado 20-30 back1.0-1.4sog

We'll be out sat, sun and mon mornings. May be in same area or possibly dumping grounds to light house area. Will be on ch 68.

Nick, boat name: shark attack.

Thanks for the info. I'll give you a holler on the radio. I am headed over after work tomorrow and will be there for 11 days.

Just got back last night, fishing was tought silvers & sheephead plentiful. Worked in front of the park out to 21 fow. Marked alot of fish,largest eye was 5.50lbs 26in. Had lines set from 10 down to bottom, mixed set up Reef Runners to crawler harnesses, caught fish on everything. Weather was great,ramp wasn't, crowded we were there from the 22nd to 24th. Had a good time and plan on going back again this year maybe more then one more time. Rudey

nics job randy. i didnt fish today i had a canvas shop out working on my boat today. I did get the boat all set up for saturday morning and have the back canvas repaired and modified to fit with the riggers and holers on.

Nice job, Steve! Did you take your boat down or ride with someone cause I know you got the new place and funds are tight! I know Chucks been doing good down there too!!

Went in a friends boat Scott. His motor doesn't eat gas like my 225 does.