Hand a great day on the pond yesterday with my dad and youngest daughte

r Morgan. We left the ramp at 6:30 and fished till noon, ending up 11 for 18 or so.

We set up straight out and fished to the south and targeted 100 to 105.

And here's the list of what worked

W

1. Lemon Berry reg. on a 150 copper
  2. mag Green muffin on a 200 copper
  3. mag Miami Dolphin on a 250 copper
  4. Panty Ho reg. on a 150
  5. Supper Screw mag on a 200 copper
  6. mag Hot mango on a hi diver out 100 on 2
  7. Hat Trick mag on a rigger at 50
  8. and a S.O.G Foggie on a rigger at 40 this was also the best rod

Sorry for not haveing a pic of the baits this time but my comp. Is down and I'm trying to do this on my phone.

Well here's the only pic

img_20120520_113420.jpg

Nice work & thanks.for the report!

Quick question for one of the guys who seems to pay attention to all the details. Reading posts and based on some of my trips, do you think the hook up ratio is low for the number of fish this year? I have not crunched any numbers, but it seems like a general observation is that it is lower than normal. Do you think there are a larger number of coho's in the area this year?

Quick question for one of the guys who seems to pay attention to all the details. Reading posts and based on some of my trips, do you think the hook up ratio is low for the number of fish this year? I have not crunched any numbers, but it seems like a general observation is that it is lower than normal. Do you think there are a larger number of coho's in the area this year?

I was thinking the hookup ratio was good for us this year. Small fish sometime do not hook up well. A lot of times when fish keep getting off, you are trolling in the wrong direction.

Nice job on a slow day Terry.

Did the fish come early?

I was thinking the hookup ratio was good for us this year. Small fish sometime do not hook up well. A lot of times when fish keep getting off, you are trolling in the wrong direction.

Nice job on a slow day Terry.

Did the fish come early?

No, it was a pritty steady pic all morning,infact our last fish came as we were pulling lines.

I do think there are a few more coho around Holland this yr, but Sunday was the worst hook ratio I've had all season , it was mostly a net issue at the back of the boat, dad needs a little practice lol,I only count bites that were fought.

I was not trying to imply anything about any post in particular, it was just an observation about all the posts I have read, talking to other boats & my own experiance. Just curious if there was any additional feedback.

I have done everything I can think of over the years to improve including, sharpen hooks (or put new Owners on), check lines, change line type, etc...

It just seems to me that I have read a lot of posts this year with slighlty low hook up ratio's and I have had a couple trips with the same - maybe it's just me. I got some feedback recently (Tangled Mess & Real Stories - thanks) that said to speed up if fish are hitting short, which was new for me & appreciate the reminder on the troll direction. I was only trying to get a little additional feedback.

Thaks for all the info and I really appreciate all the info shared:thumb:

Shane

If your fishing around decent amounts of bait, fish will also head strike a spoon to stun it. Normally they get hooked poorly when they do this. Also i agree with ken, your troll direction plays a part in how the fish strike.

Well done Terry, not bad on a slow day. The dog days of June seem to be hitting early. When the cotton wood is flyin the fishin is dyin. The Tramp will be fishing St Joe sunday and monday then will probably start lookin at taking a couple of weeks off for blue gills and Perch.