2UNREEL-South Haven Steelheaders 2-Day

2UNREEL

Fished the South Haven 2-Day tournament Sportsman Division this weekend. I had a great time and the tournament was run very well. The new format for the tournament worked out for the fishing was not gang busters. All payouts seemed more than fair. I think only one boat over the 2 days came in early with their 2-man limit. Can't complain about anything but the heat and the slow bite.

Fri: We prefished boating 13 for 17 with our best setup in 145fow with 250br copper and a Kato Silver Streak. We took our biggest fish on the wire 200 out with a Mikes Eye Fly green glow eye and chrome and green spin doctor. Green is good was our game plan.

Sat Day 1: We ended up going 6 for 8 in the 120-130 fow range. Changing many spoons and presentations. Best fish came on cooper with a Kato and riggers with a NBK and Black/Blue glow ladder back spoon. Closed the day sitting in 4th place 11pts behind first place.

Sunday Day 2: Started in 100 and worked out to 130 fow. Looking for Lakers and Deep Kings was the game. We picked up a laker on a Green muffin on a 200br copper. Rest of the fish were random on riggers fixed sliders and nothing on the wire. Somehow we landed a fish wrapped around the wire diver and the rigger cable twice.:eek: We ended the day 8 for 10 and that landed us a spot in 5th Place overall in the Sportsmans division. We remained 11pts behind the leader. There was tight weight numbers near the top.

Happy as a clam and stoked to place in the money once again in South Haven. Thanks to my Dad, Brother, Randy(Fishwhisperer)and Jarod(Nee HI) for helping me all weekend we had a blast and a lot of laughs.