copper rods ??

no roller rods needed. Shimano and Okuma make rods designed specifically for copper with larger stainless guides. I personally use Ugly Sticks and have never had any issues with them over the last seven or eight years.

thanks alot guys. i just ordered 2 of the okuma glt clasic pro 8'6" 2 piece rods with the stainless feet guides and carbide rings. so i should be good to go. i paid 69.95 and 9.95 for shipping on ebay. i thought this would be about as cheap as i was going to find these. now they did have a cheaper one but i didnt like the guides on them. thanks for all the feed back.

sherman

the okuma glt classic pro,s i bought has titaniam guides not carbide as i put in my other post. but the titaniam guides should last for years. but i have been told that any rod will work with copper. but i do feel better with the ones i bought. the 2 i,m going to run, im going to run on outriggers. but if they work good then i,ll get more and run them off my big boards. i dont use my big boards since i started using the lite bite slide divers.

but it would be nice if the copper works good for eyes on the central basin. right now i run 15 lb braid with the small dipsy diver out 300 to 400 ft on my outriggers. there are days when they are hot and there are days when they dont fire at all. so when there cold im going to put the copper out and get down to the deep fish. i run my lite bite slide divers down about 55 to 65 ft, depending on what it takes to get fish. the 300 copper is sopposed to get down 50 to 55 feet. if there not getting anything i can let them out alittle farther.

sherman