sunset-5/18/5/19

The walleye fishing is top notch on the east side rite now. Fished friday and saturday out of sunset bay marina in 11 to 17 fow working the slot. The fishing was amazing at the least, boated a five man limit on friday and a 4 man limit on saturday, with 40 plus throwbacks each day, anythging 16 and under was going back in the water. Only caught 1 catfish and 2 shephead for the junkfish. Most the fish we kept were between 17 and 23. heres what worked 1 oz bb with brite orange with yellow and firetiger medium bladed harnesses, dragging the bottom hard. Started in front and north of sunset and trolled north with the south wind and were limited before we reached thomas marina, the action has stepped up as far north as sebewaing as well. I have lots of pictures from the last few weeks of fishing but i am having a hard time getting them to load up on the site.

GJ Luke I gotta get back out there been kinda busy and thanks for the report

The walleye fishing is top notch on the east side rite now. Fished friday and saturday out of sunset bay marina in 11 to 17 fow working the slot. The fishing was amazing at the least, boated a five man limit on friday and a 4 man limit on saturday, with 40 plus throwbacks each day, anythging 16 and under was going back in the water. Only caught 1 catfish and 2 shephead for the junkfish. Most the fish we kept were between 17 and 23. heres what worked 1 oz bb with brite orange with yellow and firetiger medium bladed harnesses, dragging the bottom hard. Started in front and north of sunset and trolled north with the south wind and were limited before we reached thomas marina, the action has stepped up as far north as sebewaing as well. I have lots of pictures from the last few weeks of fishing but i am having a hard time getting them to load up on the site.

Did the fish seem to start slow down as the day went on?

Micheal, A warm welcome to the site.:welcome:

Generally speaking the fish do seem to slow down as the day progresses. Sometimes there is a brief lull and they pick back up stronger than ever.:)

Both friday and suturday the fish never really slowed down. It seemed like the later in the morning it got the more big fish we caught and the little ones kinda tappered off. We had lines in at 730 both days and had our limits in the cooler by 10-1030 so we kept fishing throwing the 16-17 inchers back and keeping 18 -20 inchers. When the walleye are hitting like that and your on top of a big school of active fish its usually a all day affair. I go out at noon sometimes and fish the middle of the day and do just fine its all about finding and staying on top of those active feeding fish.