Monday 5-14

Went with my middle son and father in law straight out to 110 feet, went NW to 150, south for a while then W to 160 before going back to port. No real pattern, picked up two kings on high divers on 3 back 145 using glow watermelon j plugs, 3 kings on half cores with snap weights, using SD and small white spoon, nice 9.5 lb laker on glow frog SD and green fly off rigger down 135 in 160 feet, and a couple other kings and a coho on green dolphin fixed sliders off riggers in 130 down 100. Ended up 10 for 10. Amazing weather, basically dead calm all day long.

Tuesday 5-15

Based on weather forecast of 1 footers south of Holland and success from previous day, took two friends from church out. While heading out to channel NOAA on radio keeps saying 1 foot waves. Hit pier heads and the 1footers were stacked on top of 2 footers, so went out to 100 feet and tried trolling with SW wind. Big swells started building as we ended up south of Port Sheldon, easy 3-4 footers with occasional 5 thrown in. Had one guy chumming so headed in, doing the creepy crawly routine right into a tough wind. Still managed a couple kings, one 14 pounder off DR down 110 feet in 130 on fixed slider green dolphin, and another 4 pounder on half core pulling silver echip flasher and small mixed veggie spoon. NOAA - I wish I could be wrong half the time at my work and still be able to keep my job.:confused: Anyway, at least we got home safe!