Big Red Classic 2012

ekbelt

Which format would you support for the Big Red Classic 2012?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which format would you support for the Big Red Classic 2012?

• Catch 15 -- weigh 5
    • Catch 10 -- weigh 5

I am a committe member for the Big Red Classic and we are looking at increasing the catch count for 2012. Just looking for some data--please fill complete the poll. We are voting on this for our next meeting and would like some feedback!

Thanks

Eric, I voted 15/5 but I to would rather have 15/10 or 15/12. We changed the rules for Sat steelheader's to weigh 5 and all I've heard is complaints. I know it evens the playing feild to only weigh 5 but isn't that what competition is all about. I've missed the mark of getting a daily limit in lots of tournaments, but on the days I do I want to be rewarded for it. I mean isn't it a competition about testing your fishing skill. I think the guys that enter these events want this, and the commitee's over look that to try and get more people to enter, which doesn't really happen anyway. My 2 cents.

Seems how you donate your fish for most tournaments I would have to say I am not a meat hunter. If you are looking for a 20lb average fish the 333 you only need 3 fish in 2 days of fishing.

I have customer fishing this and paying the entrance fees and would rather it be like the old days catch 12 weight 12 how is it fair to them to loose to a guy who only caught 10 fish in 2 days if they got there 24 fish it would be nice if the pros had different rules and the ams could have catch 12 weight 5 because of the 333 every division should be aloud to catch the same amount off fish so no one has a advantage in the 333

Sorry Jeremy I thought you were talking about fishing for the meat. Yes I do use herring but if i needed 15 fish i would not run much compared to if I only needed 5 fish.

Im thinking about fishing this tourny for the first time this year and id prefer to weigh a 3 man limit. It really shows the skills of the boats to find and target only the bigger fish.

Catch 12 weigh 12 no cull or if your just gonna weigh 5 drop the entry to 30 bucks. Why bother having a big event if it is no better than most of the league style events you can enter for 10% of the entry fee?

Catch 12 weigh 12 no cull or if your just gonna weigh 5 drop the entry to 30 bucks. Why bother having a big event if it is no better than most of the league style events you can enter for 10% of the entry fee?

Agree.

This is my thought exactly!

this thread shows exactly what I said earlier, the guys that fish it don't want it. Dumbing down is society's way of making everybody feel good about their efforts. Its like kids sports where they dont keep score but every kid thats a competitor knows who won.

this thread shows exactly what I said earlier, the guys that fish it don't want it. Dumbing down is society's way of making everybody feel good about their efforts. Its like kids sports where they dont keep score but every kid thats a competitor knows who won.

Nailed it.

This is exactly like the "everyone gets a metal" society that we are sadly creating with our next generation.