Little Bay de Noc May 16th, 2012

What a beautiful morning to be on the bay. Today I fished with Norm from Rapid River and his good buddy Brian all the way from Florida...where I bet it was a little warmer this morning than it was here. I had frost on the windshield this morning and thought we might have a tough bite after the strong cold front that passed through yesterday. It was the exact opposite...the bite was phenomenal! We trolled Walleyes Choice harnesses behind bottom bouncers at .9 mph and had a ball. Norm had never fished that way before, so it was a learning experience for him. We had some nice ones come un-buttoned too, but didnt lose too many fish or have to throw that many back either. I-68 was the ticket this morning, but good ol I-42 took a few as well. For the first half hour or so we couldnt even get all 6 lines in the water, it was pretty fast and furious. We quit trolling about 9:30 and then went jigging some breaklines looking for some other fish before heading in shortly after 11 a.m.. Overall I think we caught 17 keeper walleyes and 1 northern. Not a bad morning on the bay at all. Heres some video of todays trip and a picture, good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.

DSCN0961_Edit_1.jpg