Our new ride.. 1986 Sea Ray Express

medic

Well, since I cannot get the gallery uploader to work for me I'm going to try it this way.

Here is a couple of pic's of our new to us fishing machine.. A 1986 Sea Ray 340 Express. So far, we are loving her. She was virgin when we bought her. Never been fished. I'm slowly getting her rigged the way I want and should have it complete by the start of next season. The ONLY thing I have found to be an issue is that the transom is too thin to mount track to for a chute rigger.. Any ideas??

2012-04-22_17-45-25_673.jpg

2012-04-29_16-51-03_875.jpg

Big Jon Tournament series with the Cisco Triples

2012-04-28_14-08-00_252.jpg

The helm (so far)

2012-05-05_08-30-52_452.jpg

The virginity has been taken!! :thumb:

Nice ray.....im jealous... on my 250da I replaced my teak with timber tech composite wood(no maintenance ) then the transom now has a 5.25" surface that track fits nicely on. It worked for me and may give you an idea.

Yeah Mark... It's only 3 inches wide... Just a little too narrow for the bolt pattern on the Traxstech track. I think it's designed that way because of the tuna door.. I'm gonna talk to Jeff from Traxstech and see if he has any ideas or if he can re-do a piece of track for me with a different bolt pattern that will work..

Nice ray.....im jealous... on my 250da I replaced my teak with timber tech composite wood(no maintenance ) then the transom now has a 5.25" surface that track fits nicely on. It worked for me and may give you an idea.

That's a thought, Andy, but the transom itself is only 3 inches thick.. Even if I went wider with the lumber, I think that there would still be too much flex and pressure on it. I don't know..

Custom mount check out the mounts on the sea rays on the manistee river at onekama marines docks last ones before the public luanch. One of the guys down there makes them and the work reel slick. He made so for my buddies 31 sea ray.

if your 3" wall has the room inside you might be able to do a gimble mount.

Solo400-01.jpg49.jpg

otherwise buddy up to someone with a machine shop and custom build what you need.

Jon,

The gimbal mount won't work.. too thin.. Look at the pic showing the rigger and the transom door. See how thin/narrow the door is? That's how thin the whole transom is across the back. Just a hair over 3 inches. But I certainly appreciate the ideas, guys!! I'm thinking a custom mount is going to have to be the way to go.. I won't be able to stand having a 12 foot beam and not being able to run a chute rigger!! LOL

Thanks Matt! I hooked up with Jeff (Double K) this past weekend during Tight Lines for Troops.. He has a good set up and is bringing me a spare bracket to copy. I'll just have to change the angle a little since our transoms aren't the same.

Thanks for all the kind words, fellas!!

Thanks Matt! I hooked up with Jeff (Double K) this past weekend during Tight Lines for Troops.. He has a good set up and is bringing me a spare bracket to copy. I'll just have to change the angle a little since our transoms aren't the same.

Thanks for all the kind words, fellas!!

Ill have to stop down and say hi sometime this year.

Do that, Matt!! L-7 at Seng's... We're going to try to be up every weekend if at all possible. Denise has already arranged to take every Friday off so we can do three day weekends!

I look forward to meeting you. By the way.. Was that you scrubbing down Killin Time last Sunday? If it was, we waved at each other.. LOL

Do that, Matt!! L-7 at Seng's... We're going to try to be up every weekend if at all possible. Denise has already arranged to take every Friday off so we can do three day weekends!

I look forward to meeting you. By the way.. Was that you scrubbing down Killin Time last Sunday? If it was, we waved at each other.. LOL

Yes that was me, I thought it looked like your 34 ray.