Getting tired of fishing in the garage

Bought my boat last fall. Been rigging it all winter. Ordered shift/throttle cables for my kicker 1.5 months ago from local marine shop. Figured out they were the wrong ones after getting them hooked into control box and routing them. Wrong hookups at kicker end:(

Took them back and they reordered the 2nd set. Go to pick them up after waiting a few weeks------->wrong ones again. If these next ones are wrong it's 3 strikes their out. Always try to buy local but get kicked in the groin most of the time. Not to mention buying local usually means paying a lot more than buying online.

I am chomping at the bit to get out and try this big pond stuff. But I am stuck finding stuff to do to the boat while it sits in garage.

boy, from the reports i,ve been reading you,ve missed some good fishing. i know i have really missed some hot action on lake erie. i wrecked my atv and have been down with my back for awhile. had a trip planned with another guy, and my little brother passed, so i had to cancel on him. maby the 3rd time will be your charm.

sherman

Maybe we should start a fantasy fishing league. Mines still landlocked, too. Problem here is I still have a lot to do to my boat but haven't had a day off from work in weeks (months?). Feast or famine. Glad to be back to work, but come on, give me a break! Good luck on the cables!!!!

Well the new cables came today. Got the control box done and wires ran again. Just need to hook up kicker end. Think they got it right this time. Headed back out to finish up. Will be on water this wekend.

Todd, is yours a monark king 190? Had it out last fall perch fishing on saginaw bay and it seemed to handle waves real nice. Lot deeper v than my old lund.

No more garage fishing for me. Boat is ready to go! I do need new shift/throttle cables for the 125 merc main motor. That is gonna be more work as the control box is not easily accessible. Reverse is really stiff.

• 3 months later...

Well, I'm down again. Finally got a little time off to do some things to the boat and get it out. Realized the gas tank was shot and was running on a smaller remote for awhile and got sick and tired of limited range so pulled up the floor and pulled the main tank out. Yep, it had several small holes in the top of the aluminum tank. Looked and looked for a compatible tank (44 gal). Finally found a Moeller OEM tank that would work. Now it's been on back order for a month. August is shot. I'm hoping for some Oct. fishing maybe???????????

Well Brandon you haven't missed much at Pt Sanilac lately as the surf conditions have been all but favorable. So spent this past weekend prepping my gear for another run back to Frankfort for a few days. Hopefully all the holiday fools will be long gone.