5/11/12, Au Gres, Saginaw Bay, Fishing Report

We took limit catches the last two days on Saginaw Bay fishing just two miles from the Au Gres river mouth in 29 to 31 feet of water. Yesterday it took us almost seven hours to take my customer's limit of 20 walleyes and it was a very fun trip indeed with some regular costomers from my home town of Manistee. Today we limited out in about four hours of fishing taking walleyes up to 27". In fact several of the fish today were real dandies. It was great to chat with Priority One on the water today. Welcome back to the big pond Frank. We've been taking all our fish over the last two days on crawler harnesses fished right on the bottom with bottom bouncers. The bite continues to be extremely light with the fish barley latching on and often times just swimming with the troll with very little pulling. We hooked one six pounder today that didn't even move the planer board at all and we didn't even know she was there until we checked than line. It's taking two to three bites for every fish we are landing but they are biting so lightly that we are only going through a couple dozen crawlers per trip: They are hitting so light they are not even ripping up the crawlers much. I have trips scheduled for the weekend and the weather is predicted to be good, so I anticipate good catches in the day's to come.

Capt. Mike Veine