Charging glow spoons/flashers

I'm with Don on this one, you don't need to see the spoon down 50 foot. I have a couple lights mounted and just leave them on while running out and have the spoons / flashers setting in front of them. by the time we are ready to setup we are ready to go.

Each manufacturer's spoons hold charges a bit differently. I took mine in the house and charged them several different ways and waited to see how long they would stay charged. I did not have an LED light at the time. You will find the LEDs give them a very quick and efficient charge. Moonshine spoons and Stinger Nitros hold a charge a looong time.

Ok, I'm the guy to ask on this one because I am a SUCKER when it comes to gadjets to charge glow spoons. I've purchased the berkley charger thing that looks like a sunglass case, I've used LEDs, I've held them in front of our halogen deck lights, I've used old 35mm camera flashes, we used mag lights, etc etc.

Personally, if you want them to glow a LONG time you should charge them with an LED light for a few minutes each.

If you want them to just glow when you put them down and not look like a flashlight hit them with an old 35mm camera flash.

You'll see this going on early in the morning on many boats. Looks like lightening on the water.

It is very quick and gets the lures a decent shine.

However, they won't glow for hours this way.

BUT, hopefully you will be bringing them up before then with fish on them.

them Moonshines will keep you up all night, I bought a couple last winter, left them under the table lamp for 20 min. went to bed, when I got up the next morning they were still glowing...:eek::eek::eek:

but the darn things bring fish to the boat.

Each manufacturer's spoons hold charges a bit differently. I took mine in the house and charged them several different ways and waited to see how long they would stay charged. I did not have an LED light at the time. You will find the LEDs give them a very quick and efficient charge. Moonshine spoons and Stinger Nitros hold a charge a looong time.

I bought a 10 dollar mechanics UV lite at Horbor Freight, a couple of passes and the glow lasts, It was first shown me at the GLF roundtable in Walker 2 years ago by a charter captain out of Saugy. It works, and it doesnt cost a ton or take up unnecessary space. they are made of aluminum and take regular batteries.

• 2 weeks later...