Fish cleaning in Grand Haven?

I've fished out of grand Haven for many years and never have found the fish cleaning station. I keep hearing that there is one but don't know where.

Is there one?

Available to public?

Where?

I hate bringing home whole fish. In bags is much nicer.

Thanks!

Edited by Lobi
Spelling

The only station I know of is at the pier by the charter boats. It says that the public can use it but only during certain times. Now that was several years ago, I don't know if they changed that policy or not. I know it has been mentioned serveral times that the launch on the river could use one, but as of last year, no station.

I think the one you're referring to is at Chinook Pier where a lot of the charter boats are. I'm pretty sure it's open to the public. I haven't seen one by the main public launch, but it's been a few years since I've been by there as I keep my boat at a marina in GH.

All I know is launch to open water n back.

I'm guessing the place mentioned is off to the right at the fork just before I have to turn a little left to go around power station? Hmm, public or not? Sort of but not advertised? I remember seeing it listed on a brochure about things in Grand Haven area and even looked for it on foot one time. Waked as far as the big ole train engine but didn't find it. Nice town great fishing port, pronto pups... Asking to much for a station?

The only thing that I can tell you is that there were plans originally instituted by the City of GH, with he GH Steelheaders, & the engineering firm involved more than several years ago.

What I had heard last year was that still was a lot of red tape involved, with nothing finalized.

The City of GH Planning Department might be able to give you a better insight to the scenario. You could then post your info on this thread.

Only fish cleaning station is at Chinook pier, station is locked and charter boat have use during certain hours. No real parking for truck and trailer. I would call before trying to use.

Great fishing in GH but poor planning on the fish cleaning needs when we pay $70.00 bucks to launch.