What do you spend on gas per trip?

boy, i dont do near as good as some of these guys. but i fish the central basin of erie in the summer. so its a 15 to 18 mile run before we shut down. but we start out trolling northeast so were going farther out, untill we find fish. then we try to stay with them.

i run a 21 ft cobia with a 350 vortec 320 hp with a 650 double pumper holley carb. we use between 20 and 25 gal a day. so the cost depends on the price per gallon. which right now is pretty high.

i have a 28 ft sea ray amberjack with twin 4.3 mpi 6 cyl engines. we used it last year and it took about the same gas as my cobia. the 4.3,s are good on gas, and we trolled with one engine. but its a 700 mile trip for us. and its a job to trailer that boat that far. and we have to use the truck to pull it, where we can use the motorhome on the cobia. so im going to sell the sea ray and just fish with the cobia.

sherman

i got so into the boat gas i forgot about the other gas. its 700 miles round trip for us, but we usely go for atleast 3 days. but the motor home gets around 6 mpg with or without the boat. and last year the truck got 8 mpg pulling the big boat. so thats alot of math. then when we use to motorhome and pull the cobia we take a car about launching the boat and doing our running. but it gets around 24 to 25 mpg. so thats 116 gal for the mh and 87 gal for the truck and we took the car anyway. that was 29 gal. at todays prices thats around 900.00 plus boat gas. but that was for a 2 week trip. this year we plan to do a 4 day trip with just the mh and cobia boat. then we have a 9 day trip planned for july, and well take the mh and the car. still alot of money. but you either spend it for fishing or you use it to pay bills. and without fishing whats the use of paying the bills,LOL.

you sure cant say its cheaper to catch walleye than it is to buy it. even at the 15.00 per pound at the store is about 100.00 cheaper at the store per pound,LOL.

but as long as im able and my daughter n law and my grandkids faces light up like a christmas tree when they reel in a nice walleye i guess when i have enough money we,ll be going fishing. if i could afford to go i would be there every weekend from the middle of june untill the middle of sept. but we live so far from where we fish its a major expence to just go fishing.

sherman

I burn anywhere from 12 to 15 gallons in a 19ft alumacraft with a 150. If I can get a little 1 or 2 foot roller it burns less. Thats usually fishing 10 hours or so. Figure a little 9.9 4 stroker will save me at least 10 gallons or better. When I go too the bay I run my bowmount and maybe burn 3 or 4 gallons.

lots of fuel in the bigger boats , 17.5 ft Tracker targa . 115 opti and a 15 hp kicker. We are burning about 3 gallons on the short trips and 6 on the longer trips out in 150-200. The kicker makes a whole lot of difference. Burn most of the fuel on the long trips out to deep water.

14' / 15 horse two stroke about 0.3 gallons per hour.

215 Four Winns 350 Chevy 4bbl Rochester burns about 12 gallons a trip. Trolling is a big gallon per hour, running is about 3 mpg. I don't care about that, I grew up in an 18' Holiday and had to stop to a crawl when we crossed a boat wake. Dad about crapped himself the first time I cut through one at 40 without backing off the happy go fast lever.

• 1 month later...

Haha I live 20 mi from Linwood, fish the bay a few times a week. 16 ft blue fin 40 hp mariner mag. I run 22 mi and use 3 gal. I fish with a friend that has a 24 ft pro fisher with a 175 hp yamaha. We burn through a hundred on the same trip. I have to fish with him tomorrow. (dam)