Fished Sat and sunday boating 10 fish each day.

Saturday AM

Got out in the dark and got to be part of the Gong show and was wishing for no whamies! (For some of you older guys you know what I am talking about)

Needless to say we had 25 fish on saturday morning and we spent the morning brining fish 3/4ths of the way to the boat and letting them go.

Some nicer fish with 1 pushing 18

Made a quck trip out saturday to finish out our limit that we could not keep hooked in the morning and nnedless to say we put 2 more in the box, but did not finish the limit.

We did however hit/hook something on the rigger that or had a weak spot or who knows... Ben set down the rigger it snapped off...

Oh well time to put on new rigger cable anyway. Guess I could buy the 15 pound ball I have been wanting :)

Sunday Am I fished with Diztortion from MS and we got out early hoping to steal a couple pre sunrise kings... Needless to say that did not happen and I had to put on the big boy pants and get to work grinding out fish. 5 hours later the 9th or 10 fish was in the boat and we could call it a day.

The nitty gritty on the weekend fishing

I am sure by now the cat is out of the bag that the bait has come into the piers. We played in the crowds and out meal ticket was as follows.

Diver 3 35 feet back with a 007 BLL spoon

Diver 3 35 feet back with a UV 8" SD with a Blue Green Dolphin teaser rig (a 3 pound brown hit this rig and we rail dumped another small brown on the same rig)

Rigger 20 down 11 white glow Pro troll with a BWF mirage fly

Rigger 15 down with a Mag SS Green/Yellow Dolphin or Double Trouble (Early)

2 color Moonshine Blue founder Pounder

1 color with a 3 OZ dive bomb BLL Blue Dolphin Mag or 007 (Early)

Other things that worked

Blue Green Frozen Frog from BLL

SS Mag Green Kato

Mixed Veggie SD with a BWF MTD. teaser rig

Chrome Spin Doctor with a pull my finger vibrator fly by Big Weenie

Running Hot was the ticket to get hits for me this weekend 3-3.3 SOG.

Glow early and then Chrome when the sun came out.

Dave

Tip of the day for any of the new guys..... If your having trouble catching fish inside.... swing wide outside of the bait. We found a pod of our fish a quarter mile south of the pier heads and took 6 fish in a row. Guess I should have kept the rods lower because we got bum rushed by boats and those fish spooked and moved. Moral of the story.... if your fish shut down or they "Vanish" they did not go far.....

Tip number two of the day...

Some times the bait can be a bad thing!!! If your in the bait, and not getting hits ......fish the edges. speed up, slow down, put the boat in nutral, The kings ect are there enjoying the all you can eat menu. They get lazy and they are looking for an easy target.

Kevin,

2 GPS speeds said the same thing.... maybe your is broken

or...

I had to slow down most of the because people do not know how to fish in front of the piers and decide to go East to West.... all morning.

or

I was loosing fish